When Life Gives You Lemons is Challenge #12. Start off with Lemon Mishap, 9 Volt, Habit and 1 Lemon Party pill. The goal is to defeat Mom. This Challenge is available by default. Treasure rooms are not present.
The lack of Treasure Rooms makes the challenge more difficult than a normal run.
- Lemon Mishap has a small range, making it difficult to use. The Habit and 9 Volt will allow more frequent uses of it but their combination is more important than that. Because every run starts with 9 Volt, any activated item obtained will take less time to recharge. The Habit makes taking damage charge it faster as well. The only catch would be finding a better activated collectible.
- The Lost Cork is an extremely beneficial trinket in this run, expanding the area of Lemon Mishap and thus making it safer to use since Isaac doesn't need to be as close to the enemy.
- A good item to find is Shoop Da Whoop!, simply for being usable every room because of 9 Volt.
- The challenge name is a reference to the proverbial phrase "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
- One of the fortune teller's fortunes is "When life gives you lemons, reroll!"
|1. Pitch Black||2. High Brow||3. Head Trauma||4. Darkness Falls||5. The Tank|
|6. Solar System||7. Suicide King||8. Cat Got Your Tongue||9. Demo Man||10. Cursed!|
|11. Glass Cannon||12. When Life Gives You Lemons||13. Beans!||14. It's in the Cards||15. Slow Roll|
|16. Computer Savvy||17. Waka Waka||18. The Host||19. The Family Man||20. Purist|
|21. XXXXXXXXL||22. SPEED!||23. Blue Bomber||24. PAY TO PLAY||25. Have a Heart|
|26. I RULE!||27. BRAINS!||28. PRIDE DAY!||29. Onan's Streak||30. The Guardian|
|31. Backasswards||32. Aprils Fool||33. Pokey Mans||34. Ultra Hard||35. Pong|
|36. Scat Man||37. Bloody Mary||38. Baptism by Fire||39. Isaac's Awakening||40. Seeing Double|
|41. Pica Run||42. Hot Potato||43. Cantripped!||44. Red Redemption||45. DELETE THIS|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|