We Need to Go Deeper! is an activated item.
- Spawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation.
- If more than one crawl space trapdoor exists, they will all lead to the same Crawl Space.
- Creates no effect in the Cathedral, Chest, Sheol, Dark Room, ???, The Void, Corpse II, and Home (no trapdoors of any type will be generated).
- Also has no effect during the Ascent.
- A trapdoor cannot be placed in front of a Secret Room entrance position, making this item an indirect aid to locating Secret Rooms.
- This item can be used to destroy rocks if used while Isaac is flying over a rock.
- This item can be used to create a trapdoor to Sheol on Womb, even before Sheol has been unlocked.
- When used on the last floor of a challenge, a trapdoor to the next floor can spawn. If it is entered, Isaac must beat the boss of that floor to spawn the ending trophy.
- The item may be used on the dirt patches in the Dark Room to dig up a random type of chest.
- The name of this item is a reference to the movie Inception.
3DS The icon of We Need to Go Deeper! as seen on the lower 3DS screen.
|| If a trapdoor is spawned inside of a black market with this item and is entered, the player is trapped in the crawl space unless they go to the next floor.
|| If used upon defeating Mother (if the item didn't spawn a crawl space) and entering the trapdoor, the game will move you to the next floor and then will crash.