Shots do not travel right away. They stay in place. With the added magnetic property, this can cause enemies to slingshot through tears to hit Isaac.
- Isaac can lay a trail of tears that draws enemies into each tear. However, if done carelessly, momentum will often carry them past fired tears into Isaac. Make sure there is a safe distance between him and the enemy before firing.
- Try to be accurate - if the tears hit the enemy and disappear, the side-effects of Strange Attractor is reduced, whereas if they miss, they may pull other enemies towards Isaac, increasing the risk of damage.
- Enemies that chase Isaac such as Lust or Globins are particularly dangerous as firing carelessly will pull them towards him. Maintain a safe distance, fire, run away, and repeat.
- Items that are behind gaps or spikes can be pulled towards Isaac by firing tears past them.
- Cursed Eye overrides the anti-gravity tear effect while increasing your overall damage, on top of eliminating the chance for enemies to get too much momentum due to the low amount of tears on screen.
- Tammy's Head is especially useful for this challenge, as it creates a stationary ball totaling ten highly damaging tears that have a very strong magnetic pull. The one-room charge time allows Isaac to clear rooms with much greater ease than by using the common method of attack with this challenge.
- Mom's Knife is a useful pickup in this challenge. It retains the magnetic property of Strange Attractor but can be fired as it normally would, making this challenge, for the most part, a normal run with the item.
- Pyro is a good pickup to look out for. Since Isaac's bombs are affected by the Strange Attractor, it will pull enemies towards the bomb, similar to a homing effect.
- The Ludovico Technique is a good item to have since it can be controlled remotely to kill enemies while keeping Isaac safe.
- Brimstone is a good item to grab. Enemies are attracted to the beam and will be damaged more often as a result.
- Having multiple tears in one spot will cause the magnetic pull to become stronger. Use this to pull enemies out from tight spaces, or deal massive damage to one enemy.
- If there is difficulty completing this challenge, a good tactic is to quickly tap the arrow keys to fire tears normally and mostly avoid the effects of Anti-Gravity.
- The 1 pip and 6 pip dice rooms will not reroll the starting items for this challenge but will reroll any others.
- Multidimensional Baby is a good pick up as Isaac moves around while firing tears, the baby will follow with delay and duplicate tears.
- Death's Touch - Complete Waka Waka (challenge #17).
- Waka Waka is the sound Pac-Man makes when eating pellets, and the enemies in this challenge follow Isaac's trail of floating tears similarly.
|1. Pitch Black||2. High Brow||3. Head Trauma||4. Darkness Falls||5. The Tank|
|6. Solar System||7. Suicide King||8. Cat Got Your Tongue||9. Demo Man||10. Cursed!|
|11. Glass Cannon||12. When Life Gives You Lemons||13. Beans!||14. It's in the Cards||15. Slow Roll|
|16. Computer Savvy||17. Waka Waka||18. The Host||19. The Family Man||20. Purist|
|21. XXXXXXXXL||22. SPEED!||23. Blue Bomber||24. PAY TO PLAY||25. Have a Heart|
|26. I RULE!||27. BRAINS!||28. PRIDE DAY!||29. Onan's Streak||30. The Guardian|
|31. Backasswards||32. Aprils Fool||33. Pokey Mans||34. Ultra Hard||35. Pong|
|36. Scat Man||37. Bloody Mary||38. Baptism by Fire||39. Isaac's Awakening||40. Seeing Double|
|41. Pica Run||42. Hot Potato||43. Cantripped!||44. Red Redemption||45. DELETE THIS|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music