Wait What? is an activated item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †.
- Upon use, Isaac farts, knocking back enemies and their shots. It also sends out rock waves that deal 10 damage per tick to nearby enemies and break obstacles.
- This item is identical to Butter Bean in appearance.
- Butter Bean has a small chance to turn into this item upon pickup.
- Each run as a chance of replacing Butter Bean with Wait What? in item pools. Both items generally do not exist during the same run.
- This item is useful for opening Secret Rooms, Super Secret Rooms, and Bedrooms. In Bedrooms, it can also open up the passage under the carpet.
- To break open a secret room, the wall must be hit with one of the rock waves, not the gas cloud, so Isaac needs to stand a few steps away from the wall.
- The earthquake can open Bomb Chests.
- The earthquake can be used to blow up the Donation Machine or activate/blow up a Restock Box.
- Ghost Pepper: Shoots a flame behind Isaac upon each use of Wait What. While Car Battery does not duplicate Wait What's shockwave, the flame shot is duplicated regardless.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns white-glowing wisps on the middle ring that don't shoot. The wisps invoke the effect of Wait What? when destroyed and do not persist between rooms.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- The item description is a reference to a brand of margarine named "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!".
- Unlike Butter Bean, this item has no unlock condition, meaning it's possible for the player to find it right away, making the joke and reference slightly confusing.
- Wait What? no longer shows up naturally in any item pools.
Switch J970 EMC4 (First Golden Treasure Room)
Switch 8XT6 PKGM (First Treasure Room)