Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- When used for the first time, Isaac creates a blue portal under where he is standing. The next time he uses the item, he creates an orange portal under his feet. Isaac can then walk over either of the portals to teleport instantly to the location of the other one.
- Activating the item more than twice will replace the older of the two portals.
- The portals can be placed in any room. However, if a portal leads to a room with a negative grid index (i.e. Devil Room, Angel Room, I AM ERROR room, Crawl Space, Boss Rush, Black Market, Mega Satan room, or ??? portal room), Isaac will not be able to enter the portal.
- This item can be used to escape a Challenge Room or the Boss Rush.
- Upon teleportation, Isaac is granted with a short invulnerability period which can be abused to trigger the Blood Donation Machine and Devil Beggar without losing health by placing a portal just next to it, teleporting, and touching the Donation Machine or Beggar in the same move. This trick is particularly useful for The Lost. The teleportation trick can also be used to escape a Curse Room without taking damage.
- Portals will stay even if the item is dropped or changed.
- The item can prove useful in close quarters combat, allowing the player to attack one side, then dodge attacks and jump to the other side of the room to attack the enemies on that side.
- Upon entering a new floor, the previously placed portals will disappear.
- If Curse of the Maze is active, using portals placed between different rooms may result in a random destination. Two portals in the same room work reliably.
- If room contents are randomized by the curse, it's possible for the portals to end up completely surrounded or even inside rocks or pits. If Isaac can't move to safety, the run can be quit and resumed to be placed at a door.
- On Downpour II, Ventricle Razor cannot be used to teleport between the normal and mirror world.
- This item can be useful to exit Mom's boss room to start the Ascent, as long as you use it at least once before entering the boss room.
- If this item is used while having the Broken Remote trinket Isaac will be teleported to a random room
- Book of Virtues: A blue/orange wisp circles the respective portal on use. One wisp orbits each portal; no wisps are given to Isaac. Wisps do not fire tears.
- Car Battery: Renders the item conventionally useless, however; two portals on top of one another can create invincibility at the cost of mobility and almost, but not all tears.
- Ventricle Razor works normally.
- A ventricle is a hollow part in an organ.
- The colors of the portals are a reference to the Portal Gun from the Portal series, whose portals share the same colors and functionality.
|Bug!||If the animation of entering a portal created by Ventricle Razor is forcibly cancelled, then the player will be unable to fire tears and collide with any non-grid entities (including trapdoors). This essentially renders the player immune to enemy attacks, hence enabling exploits using alternate offense methods (e.g. orbitals). Exiting and continuing the run restores the collision circle and the ability to fire tears.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music