|Guppy||Beelzebub||Super Bum||Yes Mother?||Bob||Fun Guy||Leviathan||Conjoined|
|Spun||Seraphim||Oh Crap||Bookworm||Spider Baby||Adult||Stompy|
Transformations alter Isaac's appearance and grant him special abilities.
A transformation occurs when obtaining at least three different items from a particular set of items.
These collectibles always share a particular theme that corresponds with the transformation.
Transformation Sets[edit | edit source]
Isaac gains a green trail of poisonous creep.
+1 Red Heart container.
Isaac gains a stationary knife that trails directly behind him. It synergizes like Mom's Knife would.
Grants a heart container.
Roughly 25% of the time, Isaac shoots an extra tear, like 20/20.
Spawns a spider familiar that applies random status effects to enemies it comes in contact with.
Taking damage has a chance to spawn rock waves.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Items only need to have been acquired once in order to count.
- Duplicate items (like those acquired from Diplopia) do not count toward transformations when picked up. Only the first instance of an item Isaac owns will count.
- Duplicate items are all counted.
- Activated collectibles (e.g. Guppy's Head) can be picked up once and then swapped away with another without any loss to transformation progress.
- Rerolling items with a dice room, the D4, or the D100 will not remove progress towards the transformation.
- The transformation will be lost if the items required are rerolled or otherwise lost, eg. Sacrificial Altar.
- Familiars gained from Cambion Conception or Immaculate Conception do not count towards transformation progress.
- Trinkets do not count toward progress for any transformation, with the sole exception of Kid's Drawing that counts for Guppy transformation.
- Pills only count toward Adult and Stompy, they do not count toward progress for any other transformation.
- When playing as Jacob and Esau or Tainted Lazarus only the character that picks up an activated item first gets the progress for related transformations, however both characters in the set may undergo the same transformation if they both collect the remaining required set items left in the item pool.
- Tainted Isaac will not lose a transformation nor progress towards it if he replaces an item that counts towards that transformation.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Transformations can be combined, keeping the effects of all transformations with no effects overriding others.
- Transforming into Beelzebub for the first time will unlock the Lord of the Flies achievement and Angry Fly.
- Since none of the Afterbirth transformations unlock an achievement or item, attaining them is not required for 100% completion of the game in terms of achievements. However, this is only true if you unlocked Mom's Contacts on Rebirth, as the Yes Mother? transformation will happen once you collect three Mom items on Afterbirth and Afterbirth †.
- Many of the Afterbirth transformations override the charge animations of items such as Monstro's Lung and Brimstone, potentially making them more difficult to use.
- There is now an option to show a charge bar that floats above Isaac.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are two transformations in the base game, nine more in the Afterbirth DLC, and four more in the Afterbirth † DLC.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac flash game, the transformation into Guppy was the only one available, making it chronologically the first.
- The Eternal Edition of the original The Binding of Isaac game added another transformation that turned Isaac into an angel after gaining 7 heart containers from eternal hearts.
- Rebirth introduced Beelzebub as the chronologically second transformation.
- The original name for the Beelzebub transformation was Lord of the Flies.
- The reason no new transformations have been added to Repentance is because Edmund and the dev team do not like them. If any new transformations were to be added, they would be purely visual.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|