Toxic Shock is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering a room, all enemies are poisoned, dealing double Isaac's tear damage and also creating a green fog for the first few seconds of the room.
- Killing enemies leaves a small, short-lasting pool of green creep on the ground.
- The creep deals 1 damage per tick or 30 damage per second.
- Makes Isaac immune to toxic clouds created by enemies, e.g. Sick Boom Flies, Gasbags, etc.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- High tear damage will cause this item to become very powerful for rooms with a lot of enemies, since they can die instantly and render the room harmless.
- Enemies which spawn after the first few seconds of each room are not affected by this item, e.g. Flies spawned from a Mulligan dying.
- Enemies that spawn with some form of invulnerability such as Hosts, Wizoobs, or Needles are not affected by this item.
- The poison effect only activates upon entering a room and not at the start of a wave. In Boss Rush and most of Greed mode, the item will not poison enemies.
- If Toxic Shock is picked up in the middle of a room with enemies, the mass poison will occur immediately.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Contagion is a recolor of its sprite.
- Toxic Shock is a rare, but extremely serious and deadly condition caused by Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria releasing toxins in the bloodstream.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 0DMW R92S (First floor Treasure Room)
PC KXBC NCBR (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch 7YV6 DDJ1 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|