Toxic Shock is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
- Upon entering a room, all enemies are poisoned, dealing double Isaac's tear damage and also creating a green fog for the first few seconds of the room.
- Killing enemies leaves a small, short-lasting pool of green creep on the ground.
- The creep deals 1 damage per tick or 30 damage per second.
- High tear damage will cause this item to become very powerful for rooms with a lot of enemies, since they can die instantly and render the room harmless.
- Enemies which spawn after the first few seconds of each room are not affected by this item, e.g. Flies spawned from a Mulligan dying.
- Enemies that spawn with some form of invulnerability such as Hosts, Wizoobs, or Needles are not affected by this item.
- The poison effect only activates upon entering a room and not at the start of a wave. In Boss Rush and most of Greed mode, the item will not poison enemies.
- If Toxic Shock is picked up in the middle of a room with enemies, the mass poison will occur immediately.
- Contagion is a recolor of its sprite.
- Toxic Shock is a rare, but extremely serious and deadly condition caused by Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria releasing toxins in the bloodstream.
PC 0DMW R92S (First floor Treasure Room)
PC KXBC NCBR (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch 7YV6 DDJ1 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|