Tough Love is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage (x3.2) than regular tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a tooth depends on the luck stat. The activation rate is equal to 1/(10 - Luck). At base luck (0), the chance is 10%, maxing out at 100% at 9 luck.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Apple!: With 14 luck, overrides Tough Love, though the razor blades do more damage anyways. With 13 luck, Apple and Tough Love each have about an equal chance to trigger.
- Brimstone: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Occasionally fires Brimstone beam with damage multiplier of Tough Love.
- Cricket's Body/ Compound Fracture: Teeth will split into smaller teeth.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs explode with the increased blast damage and radius of Mr. Mega.
- Adds a chance for the bombs to deal increased damage. See the page for the specific damage formula.
- Fire Mind: Adds flaming effect to the teeth, but without the chance of exploding.
- Tears will still explode.
- Ipecac: Teeth explode with the increased blast damage of Mr. Mega.
- Mom's Knife: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- : Both damage multipliers apply, combined damage multiplier is x6.4.
- Haemolacria: Tears will not appear as teeth but may still gain the damage multiplier.
- Jawbreaker: Activation rates are individually applied to each tear, effectively allowing for higher amounts of teeth. However at 9 Luck, the trinket is no longer needed, as Tough Love will already guarantee that every shot is a tooth at that point.
- The Parasite: Split tears will not turn into teeth.
- Spirit Sword: Both the sword and projectiles can deal increased damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC Z0ZB KE22 (First floor Treasure Room)
PS4 WQVF HG7V (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita ZNHL AJ8K (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS SGKP 3D9S (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|