The Wafer is a passive item.
- All damage taken is reduced to half a heart.
- The damage reduction includes most sources in the game that would cause more than half a heart of damage:
- Sacrifice Rooms.
- Environmental hazards such as Spikes.
- Most self-inflicting damage items (exceptions are noted).
- Every source of damage in Womb/ Utero/ Scarred Womb and beyond, including all enemies, curse rooms, blood donation machines, and Devil Beggars.
- The "HARD HARD" special seed.
- The Wafer does not prevent instant death effects such as Suicide King or using The Bible on the Satan boss fight.
- Does not prevent health loss from Devil Room deals or Health Down pills.
- Despite The Wafer reducing damage to 1/2 a heart, this does not change the amount of invincibility frames granted from full/two heart damage sources.
- No effect with Keeper or Tainted Keeper, as Coin Hearts cannot be half hearts.
- Does not reduce the damage taken when opening the door to Mausoleum/ Gehenna.
- Blood Oath: Does not reduce the damage taken.
- Glass Cannon: The extra damage taken when the cannon breaks is not reduced.
- Sharp Plug: Damage taken is reduced to half a heart.
- Does not reduce the damage taken.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, "resistance" in the pickup quote was misspelled as "resistence". This was corrected in Rebirth.
- A wafer is a thin cake made of flour and is used in Christianity for various purposes, including the sacrament of the Eucharist, in which believers consume the body (represented by sacramental bread) and blood (represented by sacramental wine) of Jesus Christ.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, The Wafer required an unlock, by beating Mom's Heart seven times.
PC AZSP HEP1 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only [?])
PC NYLR X9XP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
PC MBHT QSMT (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only [?])
PC RPQP M6EM (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
PC 9DHR CZWH (Treasure Room, go up in spawn)
PS4 WFEP 7WQ8 (Treasure Room generated adjacent to spawn).
Vita WPKJ T14L (First Treasure Room, right from starting point)
PC 7N0B PBNY (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn) (Hard mode only)
Switch NGH8 1YKP (First Treasure Room, right from starting point)
PC J39E HB4T (Treasure Room Above Spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|