|This article is about the chapter. For the item, see Void.|
Each room in this chapter takes the form of a different chapter, ranging from The Basement to The Chest and Dark Room, including variant chapters like The Cellar and the Burning Basement. The Void is extremely large compared to other floors, and it is the only floor in the game (not counting XL floors) to contain multiple boss rooms. Most of them contain random bosses from other floors, including some of the final bosses, such as It Lives, Satan, Isaac, etc. One of them, however, contains the main boss of the floor, which is always Delirium.
Access[edit | edit source]
The Void is unlocked by defeating Hush. After defeating Hush at least once, a new exit will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the 2x2 boss room in which Hush was fought. The new room contains nothing except for a Portal. It does not spawn enemies and serves as the entrance to The Void (the animation shows it trying to suck Isaac in but it's only visual).
After unlocking The Void, the portal can then appear after every major boss starting with Mom, even if Hush was not defeated in that run.
The deeper the boss, the higher the spawning chance:
- 5% after Mom (Only if Isaac has 10+ tear damage or 20+ items)
- 10% after Mom's Heart/It Lives
- 15% after Isaac or Satan
- 20% after ??? or The Lamb
- 50% after Mega Satan (If the portal appears, the run will not end instantly like it normally does)
- Defeating Hush will still guarantee entrance to The Void. However, the portal might not appear again if the player goes to the next floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The portal can appear multiple times during a single run.
- Although the Portal leading to The Void may not appear after defeating Hush for the first time, leaving and re-entering Hush's room will make it appear.
- After beating Mega Satan, there is a 50% chance a portal to The Void will appear with a chest instead of ending the run. Jumping into the chest will end the run normally.
- If the portal spawns below Isaac's position after defeating a boss, he will immediately enter The Void.
- Jumping into a trapdoor will reset The Void, an effect identical to Forget Me Now. This is useful if it has already been explored everything but need to clear more rooms to acquire health items before the final fight. The trapdoors must be found under rocks, as We Need to Go Deeper! and Rune of Ehwaz won't work.
- Similarly, going to an I AM ERROR Room in The Void allows Isaac to reset the floor, so teleport items like Undefined can let Isaac repeat The Void multiple times.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Delirium's boss room is a 2x2 room but appears as a 1x1 room on the minimap.
- Items awarded from defeating bosses in The Void can be from any item pool.
- Since the Void has multiple boss rooms, using IV - The Emperor will teleport Isaac to one of them randomly.
- Defeating a final boss in The Void that is not Delirium will not give a Completion Mark of that boss and will not unlock the respective item.
Locating Delirium[edit | edit source]
Main article: The Void/Locating Delirium
- To locate boss rooms which will most likely contain Delirium, Isaac must look at the boss rooms on the map:
- Try to find a boss room that would not be connected to other rooms if it was a 2x2 room. If it would connect, the room won't contain Delirium.
- Remember that the boundaries of the map are at a maximum of 13x13 squares. If a 2x2 boss room would extend past those boundaries, that room cannot contain Delirium.
- By knowing which boss rooms cannot contain Delirium, Isaac can safely enter certain boss rooms to gather items before fighting Delirium, or not enter these boss rooms knowing that Delirium is not there.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is implied that the different forms (floors from chapters 1 to 6) of this floor are just Isaac's hallucinations, as the Void's icon on the progress bar (after advancing to the next floor) is a red vortex, and the "floor" graphic (below the player character and bosses in "VS" screens) is a red vortex as well.
- On Isaac's last will, The Void is referred to as "some dying memory".
- Occasionally, there will be a static distortion and the background and objects of the room may change to those of other chapters.
- Mom's Heart can still spawn as a boss, even after being replaced by It Lives in Chapter 4.
- The Void is the only floor that can be cleared indefinitely with Undefined (or Teleport 2.0 plus The Battery or a guaranteed Little Battery drop).
- The chances of champion enemies spawning in The Void is much higher than in any other floor, and they will never drop any of their assigned drops.
- The Void can be entered in Greed Mode by entering "stage 8" in the Debug Console. The rooms have random backdrops and the music is the same as The Void in regular mode, but the boss is Ultra Greed and will drop the Final Boss Chest. Entering the chest will play the final ending instead of End 18 or 19.
- If Mr. Fred appears as a boss, his room will be displayed on the map as a 1x1 room.
- The starting room and the boss rooms of The Void do not have the visual effects of the environment they're based on (i.e. a boss room with a Womb layout will not have the red static of The Womb).
- Also, Caves-based rooms do not have the visual effects of The Caves.
Music[edit | edit source]
The music that plays in The Void is titled Terminus.
- The music appears to be a remix of boss themes, Genesis 22:10 (title screen), The Basement, and Burning Basement themes.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||Using IV - The Emperor in The Void has a chance to crash the game.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Chance = 1 - (1-0.10)(1-0.15)(1-0.20) = 1 - 0.9*0.85*0.80 = 0.388
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|