The Virus is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Inflicts poison on enemies who make contact with Isaac.
- Enemies take 12 damage upon contact with Isaac.
- The poison randomly hits either 2 or 3 times, dealing a total of 4 or 6 damage.
- Each poison hit deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage.
- The poison hits a total of 6 times against normal enemies and 3 times against bosses. The effect can only be applied to bosses roughly every 6 seconds.
- The poison lasts for 6-7 ticks and deals damage equal to (0.2*HeartContainers^2) + 2, where HeartContainers is the total number of heart containers and bone hearts Isaac has.
- Enemies who are killed after they have been inflicted with this type of poison have a 20% chance to drop Black Hearts.
- It is no longer possible for enemies who are inflicted with this type of poison to drop black hearts
- -0.1 speed down ( not applied until the next time Isaac's speed stat is updated).
- +0.2 speed up.
- This item belongs to the Spun set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into a buff berserker.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The black heart is only dropped if the poison was caused by The Virus. The item's effect doesn't extend to poison tears.
- If an enemy doesn't do contact damage, The Virus can safely be applied to it for more chances at black hearts. Black flies, Mulligans, and Hosts are the most common enemies this can be applied to.
- Enemies won't start taking poison damage if they are pushing up against Isaac; The Virus will be constantly trying to apply poison and refreshing the ticks where poison damage would occur.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Invulnerability: Contact while invincible poisons enemies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Odd Mushroom: The speed down from the Virus does not stack with the Odd Mushroom; if both are collected, only a total of -0.1 applies.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon picking up The Virus, Isaac looks very similar to Lust, which is fitting since Lust also drops The Virus.
- As such, The Virus may be a reference to an STI.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 26ND Z11A (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 1389 DNH1 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC A643 V2FE (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 913D J63B (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS TKYD 8DRA (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|