The Soul is an unlockable passive item.
- Grants two Soul Hearts.
- Isaac gains a pulsing blue aura that repels enemies and projectiles.
- The power of the repel force alternates in strength at random, sometimes strong enough to counter a projectile well before it hits Isaac, sometimes only strong enough to slow it down.
- Ground-based enemies will overcome the counterforce easier than flying enemies and projectiles.
- A stronger effect of this item is given temporarily by I - The Magician?.
- When playing as Tainted Forgotten, this item works only on the Forgotten's body and not the soul.
- When playing as Tainted Jacob, Dark Esau is unaffected by this item's repelling properties.
The Soul deflecting slowed projectiles from It Lives.
- This item, along with The Body and The Mind, are references to the Three Primes of Alchemy.
- The designs of these items appear to be that of Triquetra, a Christian symbol of the Trinity.
- The item's description, along with those of The Body and The Mind, are references to the three attributes commonly ascribed to God in Christian theology: omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence. For The Soul, it is omnipotence, the ability to do anything, which follows naturally from the ability to "be all".
PC A6GB 23G1 (First room to the left, behind rocks)
PC AGCM 6NES (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 421L LTJZ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC DX7X 77J6 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 6KQV 9RCE (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Lost Unlocks|
|The Lamb Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music