The Pinking Shears is an activated item.
- Separates Isaac's head and body for the current room. Isaac's head, which now has flight, will be under the player's control, while his body will seek out enemies to attack by contact damage.
- The body's movement speed is dependent on Isaac's speed.
- The body deals 5.5 damage per tick, or up to 82.5 damage per second.
- The damage tick rate of the body has been reduced.
- The damage of the body familiar is independent of Isaac's stats. Its damage per second is the highest of all chasing familiars.
- If Isaac's body is not visible (for example, through the effects of Transcendence or previous uses of the Pinking Shears), the familiar will take upon a ghost-like body, similar to the Lost's body type.
- If used multiple times in the same room (via battery pickups, for example), more instances of the body familiar can be spawned.
- Compared to the original game, where the Gusher sometimes walked aimlessly around the room, this version actively chases enemies.
- If Isaac switches active items while The Pinking Shears is in effect, the body will immediately despawn for the rest of the room.
- The body familiar will avoid creep, and will consequently rarely damage enemies like Brains and Blighted Ovum that leave creep trails as they walk, instead opting to stand right next to them.
- Using The Pinking Shears just above an obstacle results in the body becoming stuck in the terrain, making it useless until the obstacle is destroyed.
- BFFS!: Damage dealt by the body is doubled.
- Car Battery: Two bodies are spawned at once.
- Tainted Forgotten: Only the head needs to be moved by the Tainted Soul.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps on the inner ring, looking like Isaac's floating head. Wisps fire piercing tears.
- Guillotine: Using The Pinking Shears after picking up Guillotine results in the head revolving around a shadow, making Isaac's hitbox difficult to determine.
- The Intruder: If the familiar is released after Pinking Shears are used, control is given back to an invisible head with only a shadow visible. This is due to both the head (the spider) and the body being mobilized to attack.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, The Pinking Shears were unlocked by dying 100 times. In Rebirth, this unlocks Scissors instead.
- Pinking shears are shears with a serrated blade and are used for cutting canvas.
- Isaac's headless body looks similar to a Pacer.
- The body shares the same appearance as Isaac's body but with blood gushing from the top, similar to a Gusher.
PC JXNE SACV (Room adjacent to spawn)
PC JC03 KEAV (Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 08P3 GC72 (Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita FCE3 ZGTT (Treasure Room 2 rooms above spawn)
Switch EPM0 01JC (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch LE9J FQ77 (Spawn room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|