The Nail is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- On use:
with them for the current room.
- Allows Isaac to deal 40 contact damage to enemies for the current room. Does not prevent Isaac from taking contact damage. It can be applied only once per second per enemy.
- Isaac's tears become red for the current room.
- This item belongs to the Leviathan set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Isaac makes a demon sound when taking damage while this item is in use. This is quieter than Isaac's standard damage sound and is easy to miss.
- The damage increase from The Nail can be stacked in the same room, but the speed penalty does not increase.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item's effect is a reference to the Nail of Vlad item in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest; equipping it would allow Simon to break certain obstacles such as rocks.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, The Nail was unlocked by beating Mom's Heart three times.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|