- In all environments of Chapter 4 ( The Womb, Utero, Scarred Womb).
- Only in The Womb and the Scarred Womb.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Matriarch hops randomly around the room and performs the following attacks
- Spawns a Fistuloid that either orbits her or chases Isaac, and can have up to a maximum of 4 out at once.
- Only 1 Fistuloid can chase Isaac at a time. If the Fistuloid that chases Isaac is killed, one of the remaining ones stops orbiting the Matriarch and starts chasing Isaac.
- The Matriarch loses 30 HP each time she spawns a Fistuloid. If this would cause her to change phases, The Matriarch is unable to create Fistuloids.
- Jumps and launches 8 Chubber shots in all directions, which rebound back to herself.
- Spawned Fistuloids chase Isaac less aggressively and refrain from attacking during this attack.
- Spawns two small Fistulas once she takes 140 damage, and 2 more every 100 damage afterward.
- Reduced to 1 small Fistula for the first 2 spawns.
- Spews a large long-range blood projectile towards Isaac that leaves Red Creep on the ground, similar to Mr. Fred.
- This projectile can damage and bounce off of Fistuloids she has spawned.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
After taking 340 damage, the Matriarch rapidly spawns waves of glowing red Fistuloids that have 20 HP and quickly lose health, causing them to shoot their maggots almost immediately.
- She now gains this attack as apart of this phase.
- If there are any orbiting Fistuloids while The Matriarch is performing this attack, they start glowing red and become apart of this attack.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
When at low HP (after taking ~540 damage), The Matriarch splits into a medium-sized Fistula, 2 small Fistulas, a Fistuloid, and turns into a low HP Chub. Any Fistuloids that were orbiting the Matriarch continue to orbit her Chub form.
- The Matriarch as Chub always spawns charging in a random direction, regardless of Isaac's position, before returning to the normal Chub pattern, similar to the Chargers spawned by Sloth.
- If the Matriarch eats a Bomb during her charge attack, she spits it back out at Isaac.
- Most bomb modifiers are still be on the bomb, except for Bomber Boy.
- The Matriarch as Chub never appears as a Champion.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Matriarch is unique in being twice as common than other Boss Room Bosses in the Scarred Womb boss pool, but only 1/4th as common as other Boss Room bosses in The Womb.
- This makes her the only boss in the game to have a boss weight higher than 1 on any floor.
- This also makes her the only boss to have a special weight which isn't an alternative variant of another boss on the same floor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Matriarch as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Matriarch appears to be a Chub stuck inside a Fistula. In this way, it also acts as a giant Fistuloid.
- As Chub also appears to be a grown up Charger, the Matriarch could be a Charger inside a Fistula that outgrew its capacity.
- Her behavior is similar to that of The Duke of Flies.
- The Matriarch is the only boss added in a booster pack.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|