"Save your life"
(page 3, column 5, row 3)
(page 3, column 5, row 9)
(page 3, column 6, row 3)
The Jar is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac can store up to 4 extra Red Hearts in The Jar if there are no remaining empty Heart Containers.
- When used, all Red Hearts in the jar are dropped on the floor, rather than directly consuming them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red hearts are the only type of heart that can be stored. Blended Hearts do not count.
- If used in the two Super Secret Room that contain nothing but a Black Heart or Eternal Heart (Room ID's 1 and 6), it will spawn those types of hearts instead.
- If a whole red heart is picked up and Isaac only heals half a heart container, the other half is placed in the jar indicated by the jar number increasing by one. Despite the jar indicating that it picked up a whole red heart in this fashion, it will only drop half a red heart on use. When picking up a double red heart, the jar will also store the remainder not healed in the same way.
- Co-op babies, except Magnet Baby, cannot add hearts to the jar as they are unable to interact with pickups.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Humbling Bundle/ Maggy's Bow: Spawn double the hearts put into the jar, allowing for infinite health to be spawned.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Broken Remote: Allows for teleportation with no recharge; however, it drops the contained red hearts in the room it was used.
- Car Battery: The Jar acts as usual, and doesn't double the hearts dropped upon activation.
- Schoolbag: The player cannot pick up extra hearts while The Jar in the inactive slot.
- Shard of Glass: Storing a heart in the jar does not stop the bleeding effect, despite playing the "heart collected" sound effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|