The Jar is an activated item.
- Isaac can store up to 4 extra Red Hearts in The Jar if there are no remaining empty Heart Containers.
- When used, all Red Hearts in the jar are dropped on the floor, rather than directly consuming them.
- Red hearts are the only type of heart that can be stored. Blended Hearts do not count.
- If used in the two Super Secret Rooms that contain nothing but a Black Heart or Eternal Heart (Room ID's 1 and 6), it will spawn those types of hearts instead.
- If a whole red heart is picked up and Isaac only heals half a heart container, the other half is placed in the jar, indicated by the jar number increasing by one. Despite the jar indicating that it picked up a whole red heart in this fashion, it will only drop half a red heart on use. When picking up a double red heart, the jar will also store the remainder not healed in the same way.
- Co-op babies, except Magnet Baby, cannot add hearts to the jar, as they are unable to interact with pickups.
- The short-lived half red hearts dropped by Tainted Magdalene can be picked up and stored.
- Book of Virtues: Consumes stored hearts to spawn heart wisps, rather than releasing heart pickups. Heart Wisps have a chance to drop a half red heart when destroyed.
- Humbling Bundle / Maggy's Bow: Spawn double the hearts put into the jar, allowing for infinite health to be spawned.
- Broken Remote: Allows for teleportation with no recharge; however, it drops the contained red hearts in the room it was used.
- Car Battery: The Jar acts as usual, and doesn't double the hearts dropped upon activation.
- Schoolbag: The player cannot pick up extra hearts while The Jar is in the inactive slot.
- Shard of Glass: Storing a heart in the jar does not stop the bleeding effect, despite playing the "heart collected" sound effect.
- The Jar is a reference to the Empty Bottles of The Legend of Zelda, which The Binding of Isaac takes heavy inspiration from. In Zelda, empty bottles are recurring items that are used to store a variety of items; this includes life-restoring items such as potions or fairies, which The Jar mirrors by allowing the storage of red hearts.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|