|For the item with a similar name, see Lil Haunt. For the enemy with a similar name, see Lil' Haunt (Enemy).|
|Base HP||Stage HP|
The Haunt is a boss that can appear:
It is the boss version of the Lil' Haunts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1 The battle begins with three Lil' Haunts circling The Haunt, who floats around the room and is invulnerable. The Haunt can still do contact damage to Isaac while incorporeal.
- One Lil' Haunt becomes corporeal and chases Isaac. Once the first one is dead, the other two take up the chase.
- Once all three Lil' Haunts are dead, Phase 2 begins.
Phase 2 The Haunt, now vulnerable, flies to the upper wall of the room and begins to move left and right along the wall. As it moves across the wall, and can periodically perform the following attacks:
- Fires a straight Brimstone laser downwards.
- Fires five blood shots in a spread downwards.
- If Isaac is close to the upper wall, The Haunt will quickly dash toward his position.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: Only two Lil' Haunts circle The Haunt in the first phase. In the second phase, The Haunt spawns 1-2 Spiders instead of firing a brimstone laser.
- Pink: Only one Lil' Haunt circles The Haunt in the first phase. In the second phase, The Haunt has 50% less HP (100). The Haunt's laser is replaced with two diagonal Brimstone lasers that reflect once off of walls. The Haunt's blood-shot attack is changed to 8 shots and is aimed towards Isaac.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Haunt as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Haunt can fly over rocks and most other obstacles, its movement in the second phase can be completely stopped by dropping a bomb in its path.
- In Afterbirth, the Haunt is no longer stopped by bombs and can move over them.
- As of v1.03, the Lil' Haunts are immune to the effects of E Coli, D10, and Flush!.
- Inflicting fear or confusion on The Haunt during Phase 2 can be dangerous, as it will sometimes start sliding back and forth rapidly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Forsaken is the posthumous version of it.
- The Haunt's design may be a reference to Paunchy Chops, a boss from the game Gish, also developed by Edmund McMillen. They function similarly in that they are both ghosts that can phase in and out of corporeality, and they bear similar facial expressions.
- The Haunt has an undead variation known as the The Heretic.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||When you kill the Lil' Haunts spawned by the Black Champion Haunt, there is a chance that the music will end as if you defeated the boss.|
|Bug!||If phase 2 starts at the same time as Isaac inflicts a status effect on The Haunt, after the effect is gone, The Haunt will be permanently tinted with that status effect's color until it dies.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|