The Gate is a boss that can appear in:
Like Mega Maw, The Gate is stationary and will perform the following attacks:
- Spawns a Leaper into the air. It can land anywhere in the room while releasing its projectile attack immediately.
- There is a maximum of 4 Leapers alive at once.
- The Gate cannot perform other attacks if there are no Leapers alive. As such, it will also always perform this attack first.
- Shoots a ring of 9 projectiles that can rotate in either direction while expanding outwards.
- Shoots two rings of 6 projectiles which expand outwards and rotate in opposite directions.
- Shoots a ring of 11 straight blood shots in all directions.
- If there are 2-3 Leapers alive, it charges up and fires a Brimstone laser that curves to connect to all leapers that are not off-screen.
- This kills the Leapers unless they are off-screen.
- If faced alongside other enemies or bosses such as in Boss Rush the laser connects to them damaging them as well.
Champion Versions 
- Black: Has 25% more HP (625) and spawns Big Spiders instead of Leapers. The Big Spiders are tossed directly towards Isaac instead of landing randomly in the room. It does not perform the Brimstone attack.
- Red: Does not spawn any enemies and has a completely different set of attacks, including:
- Fires 5 lines of 2-3 slow-moving homing purple shots.
- Fires 8 lines of 9 blood shots that spiral outwards.
- Fires 7 lines of 9 blood shots that pulsate outwards.
- Fires 8 lines of 9 blood shots that move outwards in a zigzag pattern.
- All the attacks of the Red version do 1 heart of damage.
The Gate as one of Delirium's forms.
- If The Gate is encountered in conjunction with other bosses, which can happen in Greed Mode and Boss Rush, the Brimstone laser will also hit the other bosses and enemies it spawns, damaging and possibly even killing them.
- Using the Eraser to remove Leapers causes The Gate to be stuck attempting to spawn them infinitely as it cannot perform other attacks without any Leapers alive.
- It is the posthumous version of Mega Maw.
- Despite being a posthumous version of Mega Maw, The Gate physically resembles a giant Host.
- Upon death, a small Isaac head can be seen poking out of its corpse before it explodes.
- Two glowing white eyes can be seen in its mouth throughout the fight, which may also be the Isaac head.
- The Gate is the only enemy that directly targets and kills off other enemies, using its Brimstone Beam against its Leapers and other enemies that happen to spawn alongside it.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|