- In all environments of Chapter 2 ( The Caves, The Catacombs, Flooded Caves).
- Only in The Catacombs and the Flooded Caves.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Frail in its first phase has 100 HP like Pin and behaves identically; burrows into the ground before performing the following attacks:
- Jumps out of the ground towards Isaac and burrowing back into the ground at the end of the jump.
- Occasionally fires 4 projectiles diagonally from the last section of its body when exiting the ground and/or when burrowing back into the ground.
- Partially emerges out of the ground to fire a red Ipecac shot at Isaac before returning underground.
- After doing this attack, The Frail will always jump out of the same spot it entered.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Upon its HP being depleted, The Frail's appearance becomes skeletal. It now has 200 HP and performs the following attacks:
- Jumps out of the ground towards Isaac, firing 4 diagonal projectiles from the last section of its body that each split into 4 more projectiles in either cardinal or diagonal directions. Burrows back into the ground at the end of the jump.
- Partially emerges head-first and:
- Fires a Brimstone laser at Isaac rotating to follow his movements.
- Fires a quick, non-moving Brimstone laser at Isaac 2 times before stopping.
- After performing any of these attacks, The Frail will always jump out of the same spot it entered.
- Partially emerges tail-first and fires a burst of white projectiles in all directions which leave small puddles of slowing White Creep where they land.
- After performing this attack, The Frail will always jump out of the same spot it entered.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: Starts in its second phase, with only 66.6% HP (200) total.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the posthumous version of Pin.
- Despite The Frail being an invertebrate, or an animal lacking a skeleton of bones, its second phase is skeletal.
- The definition of the word frail is weak and delicate, which explains its rotting body and depressed look in The Frail's first phase.
- The main body of The Frail's battle sprite is heavily based on Larry Jr.'s battle sprite.
- The Black Champion's behavior of starting from the second phase might be a bug since this version of the boss is set to have 30% more HP (260) in its first phase. Spawning the black champion via the Debug Console displays a glimpse of the boss in its first phase, before being instantly replaced with the second phase, ignoring the amount of HP set in the game files.
- The Frail can be found in The Void, even before being unlocked.
- It is the boss version of the Pasties.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If The Frail is under the effects of Broken Modem in mid-air, its jump will be stopped and it will fall.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|