- It cannot appear on floors with predetermined bosses such as Mom, Mom's Heart, Isaac, etc.
- It also cannot appear on any of the alternate Chapters added in Repentance.
It is also encountered as the first phase of the Satan battle.
The Fallen moves randomly around the room in cardinal directions and can perform the following attacks:
- Fires 3 projectiles in a spread followed by 4 projectiles in a spread in succession towards Isaac.
- Increases its speed and chases Isaac. After taking a certain amount of damage, it halts and fires a Brimstone laser in each cardinal direction.
- At 50% health, The Fallen splits into two smaller versions of itself. The two clones have identical behaviour.
The Fallen deals a whole heart of contact damage in both phases.
The Fallen as one of Delirium's forms.
- Unlike other bosses, the item pool of the Fallen room is the Devil Room item pool.
- Leaving and re-entering the room will change the item pool to the normal Boss Room item pool.
- The Fallen can appear on the first floor during a Victory Lap if a Devil Room was entered during the previous lap. Even more rarely, it is possible to encounter him on a normal run if the first level was rerolled with Forget Me Now or a 5-pip dice room after visiting the Devil Room with a Joker card or a Red Chest.
- The Fallen appeared in the Halloween Update for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Under normal circumstances, the Fallen is one of six bosses (the other five being Conquest, The Headless Horseman, Krampus, Baby Plum if spared, and Bumbino if he picks up enough coins) who drop or can drop active items upon defeat.
- The Fallen is both visually and behaviorally similar to Krampus.
- Despite the first phase of The Fallen having a death animation before splitting into clones, the clones themselves don't have a death animation. The clones now have a death animation, like the main Fallen.
- Previously, only Crusade would play when The Fallen appeared as Satan's first phase. As of Booster Pack #5, Cerebrum Dispersio also has a chance to play in this situation.
- This also applies to when the Angels are fought normally (by bombing the Angel statues).
- The Fallen is tied with Krampus as having the highest Stage HP among all entities in the game.
- Double Trouble Fallen encounters in The Womb/Utero do not require the player to have entered a Devil Room before. Upon defeat, they will still drop a Devil Room item.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music