- It cannot appear on the first floor.
- It cannot on floors with predetermined bosses such as Mom, Mom's Heart, and Isaac.
- It also cannot appear on any The Binding of Isaac: Repentance alternate Chapters.
It is encountered as the first phase of the Satan battle.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Fallen moves randomly around the room in cardinal directions and can perform the following attacks:
- Fires 3 projectiles in a spread followed by 4 projectiles in a spread in succession towards Isaac.
- Increases its speed and chases Isaac. After taking a certain amount of damage, it halts and fires a Brimstone laser in each cardinal direction.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- At 50% health, The Fallen splits into two smaller versions of itself. The two clones have identical behaviour.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Fallen as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Instead of dropping an item from the boss pool, The Fallen will drop an item from the Devil Room item pool. They cost no heart containers to pick up. Devil Rooms can still spawn at the end of the boss fight.
- Rerolling the drop from The Fallen will reroll it to another item from the Devil Room pool.
- Prior to Afterbirth, this could only work if the player rerolled the item immediately after defeating The Fallen. If the player exited and re-entered the boss room, it would reroll to the regular boss pool.
- Charming effects are especially effective on this boss's second form. Causing one to Brimstone the other will kill them extremely quickly.
- The Fallen can appear on the first floor during a Victory Lap if a Devil Room was entered during the previous lap. Even more rarely, it is possible to encounter him on a normal run if the first level was rerolled with Forget Me Now or a 5-pip dice room after visiting the Devil Room with a Joker card or a Red Chest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fallen appeared in the Halloween Update for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Under normal circumstances, the Fallen is one of three bosses (the other two being Conquest and The Headless Horseman) who drop or can drop active items upon defeat.
- The Fallen shares his name with a level from Edmund's previous game Super Meat Boy.
- The Fallen is both visually and behaviorally similar to Krampus.
- Despite the first phase of The Fallen having a death animation before splitting into clones, the clones themselves don't have a death animation.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, only Crusade would play when The Fallen appeared as Satan's first phase. As of the aforementioned Booster Pack, Cerebrum Dispersio also has a chance to play in this situation.
- This also applies to when the Angels were fought normally (by bombing the Angel statues).
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|