The Duke of Flies
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Duke of Flies has three attacks that he can perform while he floats around the room slowly:
- Spawns 3 Attack Flies that will orbit around him, blocking shots.
- Spawns a large attack fly that will chase Isaac.
- If he already has several flies orbiting around him, he sends the flies orbiting him outwards, freeing them to chase Isaac.
- Upon death, all orbiting flies will be free to chase Isaac.
- Spawns a couple Flies and Attack Flies upon death.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Green: Spawns Moters instead of Large Attack Flies and shoots blood shots in eight directions when spreading the orbiting flies. He can spread the Attack Flies at any moment instead of only performing it when having enough of them orbiting him, similar to The Husk.
- Orange: 15% larger than normal with 25% more HP (137.5) and spawns Suckers instead of Large Attack Flies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Duke of Flies in-game before Repentance.
The Duke of Flies as one of Delirium's forms before Repentance.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac has the Beelzebub transformation, the Attack Flies that the Duke of Flies spawn will instantly turn into blue flies which damage him.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Duke of Flies appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- The Duke of Flies seems to be a human corpse in the bloating stage of decomposition, filled to the brim with flies. The Duke has bloated to the point that it has lost its once human silhouette, becoming nothing more than a sphere with dangling nubs that used to be its appendages.
- Any enemy summoned by The Duke of Flies dies immediately upon making contact with Isaac.
- The Husk is the posthumous version of him.
- The stitching under The Duke of Flies' mouth is an autopsy stitch, an incision in the shape of a Y. The incision allows passage to the cadaver's insides; when the autopsy is complete, it is stitched back up.
- The name "The Duke of Flies" is a reference to the demon Beelzebub, and an alternate name for the devil who is known by the title "Lord of the Flies".
- The name could also be a reference to the book "Lord of the Flies", specifically the character named Lord of the Flies - a severed pig's head mounted on a pike, swarming with flies.
- He is the boss version of the Dukies.
- When under the effects of Curse of Darkness, a brief flash of light is seen when The Duke of Flies summons flies.
- Edmund McMillen has confirmed The Duke Of Flies to be his favorite boss design in The Binding Of Isaac in an AMA thread.
- In another AMA for the Binding of Isaac subreddit, Edmund had also confirmed The Duke Of Flies to be a super old design, before Meat Boy in 2007. However, he never used the design until developing The Binding Of Isaac.
- The Duke of Flies additionally returns in the Binding of Isaac spinoff, The Legend of Bum-bo, under the simpler name of "The Duke", which further concretes him as being special to Edmund.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|