The D6 is an unlockable activated item.
- Upon use, replaces every item in the current room (not pickups or trinkets) with other random items corresponding to the current room's item pool.
- The D6 is a special item.
- Isaac starts with this item once it is unlocked.
- Since it re-rolls every item in the room, it can be more efficient to use it in rooms where multiple items are in the same room. For instance:
- In the Shop, when multiple items are available for purchase.
- In the Devil Room, when there are multiple deals offered.
- In the Boss Room after the Mom fight, where both The Polaroid and The Negative can be rerolled, at the cost of the opportunity to go to the Chest/ Dark Room. Once one item is picked up the other will disappear.
- In the Boss Rush Room, where all 4 items can be rerolled at once.
- When There's Options or More Options spawn two items.
- Items from chests can be rerolled.
- When an item pool is exhausted, every item will be rerolled to Breakfast.
- If Isaac runs out of red hearts in the Devil Room, then rerolls, the prices of the items switch over to soul hearts.
- Using the D6 on an active item yields different rerolls depending on whether you picked up the active item first.
- Using the D6 to reroll items duplicated with Diplopia will reroll all the items into different items. The copied item will not be rerolled into the same one as the original item.
- With Sharp Plug and any combination of items that can infinitely regenerate health, the D6 can be used to reroll items indefinitely.
- Be careful when rerolling, as it will replace the item with another item from the current room's item pool. This can be used as an advantage in various ways; for example, after defeating The Fallen, the item will be drawn from the Devil Room item pool, so Isaac can safely roll the item into another from that pool. This behavior can also be an advantage in Angel Rooms since Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 can be rerolled to get a free Angel Room item.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a D6 wisp in the inner ring. An extra wisp is spawned per item rerolled.
- Car Battery: Re-rolls twice instantly without any benefits.
- Soul of Isaac: Using the D6 re-rolls the current item and cancels alternation.
- Although the D6 is considered a Special Item, it will only count as a special item if found naturally during gameplay. Starting with the D6 as Isaac will not cause fewer special items to appear later on. This fact also extends to Eden's starting items: if Eden starts with a special item, that item will not count toward the special item total.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, the D6 had a recharge time of 3 instead of 6.
- In the Eternal Edition of the original Binding of Isaac, The D6 has a chance to delete the item instead of rerolling it when playing in hard mode.
- The Eternal D6 has the same effect but with a 2 room charge.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, this item was called "The Dice".
PC 1FCT ACVE (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC MD88 E2T6 (Treasure Room below spawn point)
PC RW3X Z3GE (First Treasure Room)
PC ARWQ FG3K (Treasure Room)
PC QCB3 YFVE (First Treasure Room)
PC KG9X ZKAP (Treasure Room in Caves I)
PC Y92T DPY4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC MQSL 4G4L (First Treasure Room)
WiiU GVYV XHMJ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch C46W SD7Z (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|Cards and Runes|
|??? (Character) Unlocks|
|Isaac (Boss) Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|