The Common Cold
The Common Cold is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- The poison randomly hits either 2 or 3 times, dealing a total of 4 or 6 damage.
- The poison hits twice, dealing a total of double Isaac's damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance for a tear to be poisoned depends on the luck stat and goes up to 100% at 12 Luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ Haemolacria/ The Parasite: Chance for tears and split tears to be poisonous. If the main tear is poisonous, the split tears are too.
- Dr. Fetus/ Epic Fetus: Chance for bombs/explosions to become poisonous like Bob's Curse.
- Finger!: Finger can also apply the poison effect.
- Lachryphagy: If a poison tear is fed, all burst tears are poisonous. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears are not poisonous.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear flickers green, capable of poisoning enemies when it does.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Ipecac/ Scorpio: Overrides The Common Cold.
- Serpent's Kiss: Both poison effects work, but poison caused by Common Cold will not cause black heart drops. There is no way to tell which poison is applied.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original Binding of Isaac, this item also belonged to the Devil Room pool.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC ANX3 VC3V (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch KWFP J9MK (First Floor Treasure Room; East from Start)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|