The Common Cold is a passive item.
- Adds a chance to shoot poison tears, dealing damage over time when inflicted.
- The poison randomly hits either 2 or 3 times, dealing a total of 4 or 6 damage.
- The poison hits 3 times, dealing a total of 3x Isaac's damage.
- The poison hits 2 times, dealing a total of 2x Isaac's damage.
- The chance for a tear to be poisoned depends on the luck stat. The activation rate is equal to 1/(4 - (Luck / 4)). At base luck (0), the chance is 25%, maxing out at 100% at 12 luck.
- Due to how this formula works, increases in activation rate are only seen with every 4 points of luck, as this formula rounds down after dividing Isaac's luck by 4.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ Haemolacria/ The Parasite: Chance for tears and split tears to be poisonous. If the main tear is poisonous, the split tears are too.
- Dr. Fetus/ Epic Fetus: Chance for bombs/explosions to become poisonous like Bob's Curse.
- Finger!: Finger can also apply the poison effect.
- Lachryphagy: If a poison tear is fed, all burst tears are poisonous. If a normal tear is fed, the burst tears are not poisonous.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear flickers green, capable of poisoning enemies when it does.
- Ipecac/ Scorpio: Overrides The Common Cold.
- Serpent's Kiss: Both poison effects work, but poison caused by Common Cold will not cause Black Heart drops. There is no way to tell which poison is applied.
- Pinky Eye: Activation rates are individually applied to each tear, effectively allowing for higher amounts of poison tears. However at 12 Luck, the trinket will not do anything for Isaac as The Common Cold is guaranteed to make every tear poisoned at that point.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, this item also belonged to the Devil Room pool.
PC ANX3 VC3V (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch KWFP J9MK (First Floor Treasure Room; East from Start)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music