The Candle is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- On use, Isaac raises the candle above his head. On pressing a fire button, a blue flame, similar to a blue fireplace, will fire in the chosen direction, extinguishing itself after a fixed time of approximately two seconds.
- The flame deals 23 damage per damage tick.
- The maximum damage dealt by a single flame is around 276, dealing damage roughly 6 times per second.
- The flame also destroys enemy shots it comes into contact with.
- The flame projectile can pass over pits, but can not travel through rocks or poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While Isaac holds the candle above his head, his movement speed is reduced.
- Will block Isaac's tears, unlike Red Candle and won't burn him.
- Flames do not drop any collectibles when doused.
- The flame can destroy shopkeepers.
- The flame projectile can pass over Pits, but can not travel through Rocks or Poop.
- The flames from this item can put out fireplaces.
- 9 Volt does not affect The Candle's recharge; the cooldown is 4 seconds regardless.
- 9 Volt now makes autocharging items start at half charge instead of empty, allowing quicker reuse.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Legend of Zelda, a major inspiration for The Binding of Isaac, also has a blue candle item that can be activated once per room to create flames for burning enemies and bushes, as well as lighting dark rooms. Unlike in Isaac however, the red candle is an upgrade of the blue one, which can be activated any number of times per room.
- The Red Candle is a variation of this item unlocked after donating 400 coins, diminishing on damage dealt instead of time.
- The Candle was an item in The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb where it used to be the only auto-recharging item.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Donation Machine Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|