The Cage is a boss that can appear:
- Leaps off-screen and tries to land in Isaac's path; predicting his movement. Leaving a small puddle of damaging Grey Creep and sending out 4-5 lines of rock waves upon landing.
- Quickly shoots 6 streams of 3-7 projectiles in a spiral pattern, similar to Mom's Heart/It Lives.
- Curls up in a ball and rolls towards Isaac, bouncing off walls and obstacles around the room.
- Spawns a grey-coloured Vis that shoots a brown-coloured Brimstone laser.
- The different colours are purely cosmetic, and it behaves exactly like a normal Vis.
- Any Vis caught in The Cage's rolling attack will be killed.
Champion Versions 
- Green: Periodically leaves puddles of Green Creep and doesn't spawn any Vis.
- Pink: Two Cages, each with 50% HP (400), replace the normal Cage. They never perform their jump attack.
- Host Hat and Pyromaniac make Isaac immune to The Cage's rock waves, since it is considered to be the same as explosions by the game.
- When The Cage jumps, there is a delay to his falling animation, causing Isaac to be hurt before the Cage falls back down.
- If Isaac is flying on Pits, The Cage can hit Isaac if it jumps towards him, and it will then be pushed back to the ground.
The Cage as one of Delirium's forms.
Unused pre-release sprite for The Cage found among the Room Editor files.
- It has the highest health of any boss fought before Mom's Heart.
- It is the posthumous version of Mega Fatty.
- Although the Cage is a dead version of Mega Fatty, it also bears a lot of resemblances to a giant Vis as well, since it is a fat headless body with a giant cut in its belly. Another slight nod to their resemblance is also the Cage's ability to spawn Vis with a Grey color palette and a Brown Brimstone laser.
- The stitches on the Cage's body resemble Y-shaped incisions commonly made at the start of an autopsy.
- Despite being a possible encounter before Mom, The Cage has more HP than her.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|