For all Tech items, check Tech (disambiguation)
Technology 2 is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Replaces the character's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick
- This compounds with the damage down.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether unless he has Technology or a charged attack.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her Incubus, the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down tears down.
- Unlike Technology, Technology 2 doesn't override Azazel-inherent Brimstone and the laser can be fired while the Brimstone is charged.
- Technology wraps around Brimstone beams and does not override Azazel's Brimstone.
- The laser can apply status effects very efficiently due to its high tick rate.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 8 Inch Nails / Blister / Pisces: The laser will consistently push back enemies.
- Blood Clot / Chemical Peel: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Chocolate Milk: The laser fires while Chocolate Milk charges at normal rate.
- Cursed Eye: The laser fires while Cursed Eye charges at normal rate, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Epic Fetus: The laser fires while the missiles are being aimed.
- Fire Mind: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- Homing tears: Gives homing laser and tears.
- Ipecac: Laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lost Contact: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- A Lump of Coal: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for mitigation of damage penalty from longer distances.
- Marked: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the laser in the cardinal directions.
- Mom's Knife: The laser fires while the Knife charges at normal rate.
- Monstro's Lung: The laser fires while Monstro's Lung charges at normal rate. No reduction in tear burst size.
- Rubber Cement: Laser bounces off of walls.
- Technology: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the halved normal attack rate.
- Tiny Planet: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then goes straight again.
- The Wiz: Tears are fired diagonally while the laser is fired straight forward.
- Lachryphagy: The laser has it's range shortened, but rapidly creates and feeds tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone. Damage is still reduced.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone charges at normal rate.
- Incubus: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears; Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Lead Pencil: Isaac loses the ability to fire tears from the remaining eye, identical to Cain's downside.
- My Reflection: Laser is bent in the opposite direction as Isaac moves sideways, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- Soy Milk: Both damage reductions are applied, along with removing one eye's worth of tears.
- Stapler: Shuts Isaac's left eye, disabling tears from being fired. He instead fires Technology lasers alongside the Technology 2 beam.
- The same effect is given if Cain picks it up.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Computer Savvy (challenge #16).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 0MHZ FGZR (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 7E2Z BDY6 (Treasure Room two rooms on the right to spawn)
PS4 EFWH 7L4T (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS MD60 R4Q9 (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch LNHL AJFO (First floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|