For all Tech items, check Tech (disambiguation)
Technology 2 is a passive item.
- Replaces Isaac's right eye tears with an unlimited range piercing laser which fires continuously, dealing damage 15 times per second.
- x0.65 Damage multiplier.
- The laser deals 20% of Isaac's damage per tick.
- This compounds with the damage down for a total of 13% of Isaac's damage per tick.
- Only the laser deals 13% of Isaac's damage per tick.
- Tears fired per second * (2/3).
- Laser is able to knock back enemies.
- Tear delay is effectively doubled, as Isaac will do a bit of the animation to fire a right eye tear, but no tear will come out.
- Charged shots are not affected by the effective tear delay down, as they don't use the alternative left eye/right eye fire scheme.
- As Cain can only fire tears from his right eye, Technology 2 will replace his tears altogether unless he has Technology or a charged attack.
- When used by Cain, or a character that is forced to fire from one eye due to the effects of Stapler or Lead Pencil, they will fire Technology lasers out of their right eye instead of their normal tears, as long as they have no other items that replace their tears ( Neptunus lets them fire tears normally). These lasers cannot be angled with momentum.
- Because Lilith is blindfolded and relies on her Incubus, the only effect gained from Technology 2 is the damage down.
- Incubus can fire laser as normal; stat effects apply.
- Unlike regular Lilith, Tainted Lilith gains the standard laser from her baby as well as the tears from the demonic baby.
- The laser can apply status effects very efficiently due to its high tick rate.
- 8 Inch Nails / Blister / Pisces: The laser will consistently push back enemies.
- Blood Clot / Chemical Peel: Since Isaac's right eye is replaced by Technology 2, he can only fire tears from his left eye, which gives all his tears higher damage and range.
- Chocolate Milk: The laser fires while Chocolate Milk charges at normal rate.
- Cricket's Body / The Parasite: The laser will rapidly split into small low damage tears upon impact with an enemy or obstacle.
- Cursed Eye: The laser fires while Cursed Eye charges at normal rate, retaining the teleporting effect.
- Tears are replaced with lasers, fired from the same eye of Technology 2.
- Epic Fetus: The laser fires while the missiles are being aimed.
- Explosivo A chance of attaching explosive tears to enemies when they laser touches them.
- Fire Mind: Laser will set enemies on fire but will not explode.
- Ipecac: Laser damage increases dramatically while also gaining the poison effect.
- Lachryphagy: The laser has its range shortened but rapidly creates and feeds Lachryphagy tears.
- Lost Contact: The laser destroys all hostile projectiles that come into contact with it.
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac simultaneously controls a tear and fires the laser; however, Isaac will only fire the Technology 2 laser in the direction that the tear is currently facing.
- A Lump of Coal: Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance.
- Marked: Isaac simultaneously controls a big red target on the ground and fires the laser in the cardinal directions.
- The laser now continuously fires towards the crosshair along with tears.
- Mom's Knife: The laser fires while the Knife charges at normal rate.
- Monstro's Lung: The laser fires while Monstro's Lung charges at normal rate. No reduction in tear burst size.
- Rubber Cement: Laser bounces off of walls.
- Technology: Equips two lasers that can be fired at the same time. As Technology is always fired from the right eye, it is not affected by the halved normal attack rate.
- Tiny Planet: The laser spirals around Isaac once and then goes straight again.
- The Wiz: Tears are fired diagonally while the laser is fired straight forward.
- Azazel: The Technology 2 laser continuously fires as Azazel charges his Brimstone.
- Damage is still reduced.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology 2, but retains the reduced damage.
- Laser fires continuously while Brimstone charges at normal rate.
- Incubus: Decreases damage of Incubus' tears; Incubus does not fire a continuous laser.
- Lead Pencil: Isaac loses the ability to fire tears from the remaining eye, identical to Cain's downside.
- Replaces tears with lasers similar to Technology. These are shot from the eye that shoots Technology 2, doing damage alongside the Technology 2 beam.
- My Reflection: Laser is bent in the opposite direction as Isaac moves sideways, then gradually becomes straight as he stands still.
- The laser makes a thin loop in front of Isaac, and fires the normal laser backwards.
- Pop!: The laser has drastically reduced range, and eyeball tears are rapidly created at the end of the laser.
- Soy Milk: Both damage reductions are applied, along with removing one eye's worth of tears.
- Technology 2: Multiple copies of the item provide no benefit.
- This item is used in Computer Savvy (challenge #16).
|Bug!||Technology 2 prevents Lead Pencil and normal tears from firing.|
|Bug!||While playing as The Forgotten, holding fire as either The Forgotten or The Soul then switching to the other will create another Technology 2 laser in the direction being fired that persists until the room is left.|
PC2KAC A6VZ (First floor Treasure Room)
PC 7E2Z BDY6 ( Treasure Room two rooms on the right to spawn)
PS4 EFWH 7L4T ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS MD60 R4Q9 (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch LNHL AJFO (First floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music