Not to be confused with The Ludovico Technique.
For all Tech Items, check Tech (disambiguation)
Technology is a passive item.
- Replaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.
- Laser rate of fire is determined by the tears stat. This differentiates the item from Technology 2 which fires a continuous beam, and Tech.5 which has a random fire rate.
- Laser size scales with tear size.
- Technology is affected by momentum, allowing it to be shot diagonally if fired while Isaac is moving.
- When directly adjacent to a wall or obstacle and firing in the wrong direction the obstacle may block the laser, preventing it from damaging enemies. This can happen on all sides of a given room with the exception of the bottom wall.
- Apple!/ Tough Love: The lasers can gain the damage multiplier from each of the items, although there is no visual difference.
- Brimstone: Overrides Technology.
- The Technology laser coils around the Brimstone beam, granting a 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Chocolate Milk: The laser can be charged, increasing its size and damage.
- Epic Fetus: Fires lasers in all directions upon impact of a missile.
- Fire Mind: Laser lights enemies on fire but loses the ability to explode enemies.
- The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: Isaac shoots multiple lasers with a decreased rate of fire.
- Lachryphagy: Isaac shoots a short-range laser that will form a Lachryphagy tear, which has piercing.
- The Ludovico Technique: The laser becomes a large ring that is controllable and looks like a Tech X shot. Enemies inside the ring without touching it are not hurt. The shot speed is ignored. The Tears stat is ignored and the damage is dealt very rapidly at a rate equivalent to a 2 tear delay.
- Mom's Eye: Fires a laser from the back of Isaac's head as well as the front.
- Monstro's Lung: Several additional lasers fire in random directions. (One beam will always fire straight forward as normal.)
- Fires a barrage of small lasers.
- Proptosis: Doubles damage.
- Doubles damage but it rapidly decreases with distance, down to 0.1 from about 6 tiles away.
- Soy Milk: Expected high damage down and very high tears up. Because Technology has no knockback like standard tears, this will generally be a good DPS increase.
- Tech X: Both fire at the same time.
- Multiple copies of Technology: Fires additional Technology lasers for every extra copy with no damage/tears down.
- Multiple copies + Brimstone: Every Technology laser will be a Brim/Tech beam.
- Technology 2: Both fire at the same time.
- Tiny Planet: Laser circles around Isaac and then continues its path forward in a straight line. The laser is also spectral.
- 20/20: Overridden by Technology.
- Shoot 2 lasers.
- Anti-Gravity: Tears up, but no Anti-Gravity effect.
- Create laser balls that fire technology lasers when released.
- Azazel: Overrides Azazel's Brimstone.
- Technology laser wraps around the Brimstone beam, dealing extra damage, but not increasing Brimstone range.
- Blood Clot: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Chemical Peel: 50% chance to apply the flat damage up with each shot.
- Chocolate Milk: Lasers can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%.
- Continuum: Overridden by Technology.
- Technology lasers wrap around the screen with the Continuum effect with momentum retained.
- Cursed Eye: Overridden by Technology.
- Charge a barrage of 5 lasers.
- Cricket's Body: Tear delay down as expected, but no benefit from the splash effect.
- Releases a 4-way spread of tears whenever the laser hits a wall or an enemy.
- Dead Eye: Overridden by Technology.
- Death's Touch: Overridden by Technology, but still gain damage.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Technology.
- Fires lasers in addition to bombs.
- Euthanasia: The lasers can gain the damage multiplier from Euthanasia although there is no visual difference. Euthanasia loses its instant kill ability, however.
- Flat Worm/ Pulse Worm/ Ring Worm: No effect.
- Godhead: Homing laser, but the halo is lost.
- Head of the Keeper: Overridden by Technology.
- Holy Light: Holy Light shots will not activate.
- : Holy Light shots have a chance to activate on hit as expected.
- Hook Worm: Laser follows a square wave, which increases its hitbox.
- Ipecac: Laser poisons targets.
- : Additionally, gives a flat +4 damage.
- : Laser explodes on contact.
- Jacob's Ladder: Overridden by Technology.
- : Fires electricity normally.
- A Lump of Coal: No effect.
- Damage increases the further away the enemy is, on a multiplier that is roughly +20% per tile of distance. This allows for a huge damage increase from longer distances.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Technology.
- My Reflection: Overridden by Technology.
- Makes the beam curve the opposite direction while Isaac is moving sideways.
- Mysterious Liquid: Overridden by Technology.
- The laser spawns pools of liquid always when it hits obstacles and occasionally on enemies.
- Number One: Expected tears up and the laser's color turns yellow.
- Ouroboros Worm: No effect on laser.
- : Works as intended.
- Pupula Duplex: Laser becomes spectral.
- Laser beams are thicker in terms of width.
- The Parasite: Overridden by Technology.
- Laser splits into two perpendicular beams upon hitting an obstacle.
- Parasitoid: Overridden by Technology.
- Rubber Cement: Overridden by Technology.
- Lasers bounce off of walls.
- Tractor Beam: No effect.
- Lasers are no longer affected by Isaac's momentum.
- Whip Worm: No effect on laser besides +0.5 shot speed.
- Wiggle Worm: Laser follows a sine wave, which increases its hitbox.
- This item is used in Computer Savvy (challenge #16).
- When the damage stat exceeds 10, tech's laser sound will become both deeper and bassier.
PC 9SS3 3YXY (Second floor treasure room) (+ Technology 2 on third floor)
PC GXSE V7P4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC EZTZ CL68 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC RR0G KKQJ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 6FDS 6FWF (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 GXA1 L6XC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS 11DA E0JZ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|