Tainted Eve is a character added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. She is the alternate version of Eve with ragged hair, no bird, and ruined mascara as if crying. Tainted Eve is unlocked by reaching Home and using either the Red Key or the Cracked Key to access a special room in one of the walls while playing as Eve.
Tainted Eve starts with 2 red hearts, and 1 key, but does not start with Dead Bird or Whore of Babylon, like Eve does. Instead, Tainted Eve starts with Sumptorium in her pill/rune/card slot. While Sumptorium is active and Tainted Eve is shooting, blood clot familiars that shoot tears will spawn alongside her. Each time a blood clot spawns, Eve loses half a red heart, and they will keep spawning as long as she is shooting and has more than half a heart of health remaining. Using Sumptorium again will remove all blood clots and restore the health used to create them
Blood clots will have all tear effects, as well as any of Eve’s stats to them. The blood clots still count as health while active for the purposes of her Whore of Babylon state. Absorbing enough clots that puts her above maximum health leaves her with a blood-spraying effect for 3 seconds, during which she can create clots for free. The clots block shots and will not disappear naturally after a certain time, but they can be killed by enemies. If Tainted Eve loses enough of her blood clots to enemy damage to trigger the Whore of Babylon state, she will instead enter a special state where she stops shooting tears and instead uses Sumptorium in a similar manner to Mom's Knife. If Tainted Eve has a blood clot while in this state, the blood clot will receive an actual knife.
Unlockable Items[edit | edit source]
Strategy and Items[edit | edit source]
- While holding the Drop/Swap Item button, Tainted Eve's clots will remain where they are instead of following her, similar to Esau.
- When firing with a Soul Heart or Black Heart, Tainted Eve's clot creation will prioritize her red hearts first, completely removing all of her red hearts and then taking from the soul/black hearts pool afterward.
- Clots can be created from Eternal Hearts, Soul Hearts, Black Hearts, Bone Hearts, Gold Hearts and Rotten Hearts. These clots all have unique appearances to indicate what kind of heart created them.
- In Co-Op, when Tainted Eve dies and becomes a ghost baby, her clots will remain on screen and can be controlled in the normal way, but will receive the same damage debuff. If all of them die, Tainted Eve's ghost will receive Sumptorium for the rest of the time she is dead, making her a decently damaging ghost.
- If Tainted Eve uses Sumptorium while there are enemies between her and the blood clots, they will deal damage on their way back.
- If there is an abundance of hearts on the current floor, Tainted Eve can store them in blood clots to carry them to the next floor.
- If you are about to be hit by an attack which will kill many of your blood clots, you can save them by using Sumptorium.
Favored Items[edit | edit source]
- Due to the nature of Tainted Eve's mechanics, Adrenaline is a fantastic item to pick up as Tainted Eve, the ability to cut down and subsequently restore health means that a skilled player can get a huge damage bonus from Adrenaline with essentially no downsides.
Birthright effect[edit | edit source]
None currently implemented.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|