Tainted ??? is a character added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. He is the alternate version of ???. Tainted ??? is unlocked by reaching home and using either Red Key or Cracked Key to access a special room in one of the walls while playing as ???. He starts with 3 soul hearts, 3 poops, and Hold as an active item.
While playing as Tainted ???, bomb pickups are replaced by poop pickups, and his bomb counter is replaced by a poop counter which displays the number and effects of his poops. Tainted ??? can carry a maximum of 9 poops of different effects.
Using Hold will store his leftmost poop for later use, and cycle to the next poop.
Besides replacing bomb pickups, poop pickups also have a chance to drop from fallen enemies, and by Tainted ??? by dealing damage. There are small and large variants of poop pickups. Small poop pickups give one poop, and large poop pickups give three poops.
Poop Varieties[edit | edit source]
Tainted ??? can acquire the following effects from poop pickups. These effects are the same as IBS, but are not used immediately.
- A normal poop.
- A corny poop that spawns a blue fly every two seconds. Each corny poop can have up to 3 blue flies out at a time.
- A burning poop that leaves behind a fire that damages enemies and blocks enemy shots. The fire lasts 5 seconds and can block five shots and/or deal three ticks of contact damage before disappearing (the first hit will deal 16.5 damage, the second and third will deal 11).
- A green poop that emits a toxic cloud that deals 3.5 damage per tick to nearby enemies (10.5 damage per second). If an explosion or fire hits the cloud, it also explodes, dealing 15 damage to anything caught in the blast. When the poop is destroyed, it spawns a larger toxic cloud that can't explode and goes away after 5 seconds.
- A black poop that continuously creates slowing black creep and, when destroyed, deals 10 damage to and confuses all enemies in the room. The poop will continue to create slowing creep even after it's destroyed.
- A white poop, which acts the same as the one created by Hallowed Ground. ??? also gains the poop's effects while holding it.
- A gray poop that is very resistant to damage and deals extra damage when thrown.
- A bomb, which will explode after 1.5 seconds even if ??? doesn't throw it. This bomb looks like a Butt Bomb, but will not have its unique effect. It will, however, use ???'s bomb synergies.
- All poops deal 15 damage to enemies they hit when thrown (up to 3 times in the case of gray poop).
In addition, there are three effects that do not produce throwable poop:
- Farts, dealing 5 damage to and poisoning nearby enemies and spawning a toxic cloud. If an explosion or fire hits the cloud, it also explodes, dealing 15 damage to anything caught in the blast.
- Drop 5 live bombs over time, similarly to the Explosive Diarrhea pill. These bombs will use ???'s bomb synergies.
- Create a trail of brown creep that deals 1.5x ???'s damage to enemies per tick (15x ???'s damage per second). Standing on this creep gives ??? +1 damage, +1.5 tears fired per second, and other effects, depending on what's in contact with it. This creep persists indefinitely.
- If a black poop is in contact with it, the creep also slows enemies and gives ??? slowing tears.
- If a toxic cloud is in contact with it, the creep poisons enemies and gives ??? poison tears.
- If a burning poop is in contact with it, the creep burns enemies and gives ??? Fire Mind.
- If a White Poop's aura is in contact with it, the creep grants homing and triples ???'s fire rate and damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Co-Op, partners can pick up poop drops if they're alive and still add them to Tainted ???'s reserve.
- In Co-Op, a bomb counter will be displayed if one of the characters is not Tainted ???, despite him not usually being able to see it.
- Tainted ??? has hidden infinite amount of bombs which can't be used. However he can still give them to Bomb Bum in exchange for items.
Birthright effect[edit | edit source]
Allows ??? to hold up to 29 poops.
Unlockable Items[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The achievement for unlocking Tainted ??? is "The Soiled", a possible title for the character.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|