Effects[edit | edit source]
- When picked up, all future items become "Glitched", causing them to become random combinations of 2-3 effects based on other items.
- Additionally, the currently playing music will fade out. The silence will remain until another music track plays.
- "Glitched" items can be passive or active and are completely randomly generated with infinite possibilities.
- Random effects combine effects that exist on other items, and assign them to a random event (e.g. on enemy death, on room clear, on damage taken etc.).
- Plot-critical items ( The Polaroid, The Negative and Dad's Note ) do NOT have immunity against TMTRAINER's effect. Picking this item up will render you unable to go to The Chest, Dark Room or Home.
- TMTRAINER will not affect Knife Piece 2 due to the game suppressing TMTRAINER's effect. However, it will affect Knife Piece 1; as such, Knife Piece 1 must be picked up before obtaining TMTRAINER to gain access to the Corpse.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once Corrupted Data is unlocked, the TMTRAINER effect may be randomly applied to items found in Secret and Error rooms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name and description of the item comes from the result of glitches in Pokémon Red and Blue. Certain glitch moves in that game can have names so long they run into the memory, corrupting it and causing glitchy effects, like the opponent's name becoming "TMTRAINER". A certain other glitch can cause all text to become a long string of "ZZZZZ"'s with some letters in between.
- The sprite is a reference to how sprites corrupt in Pokémon Red and Blue, especially after encountering glitch Pokémon.
- The effect of the item is similar to a "Randomizer" for other games.
- The music fading out upon acquiring the item is a direct reference to the effects of TMTRAINER in Pokémon Red and Blue, which fades the music out upon use until another song is triggered to play (assuming the game survives the effects).
- The item's effect is a reference to an old randomizer mod that came out before Ab+.
- The pickup quote for the item is defined as "Isaac and his mother lived alone in a small house on a hill", but is different in game.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|