Swarmers are a Fly-hive like enemy.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
This enemy does not shoot projectiles, so it's best to kill the flies first. If the player has considerable firepower, focusing fire on him hoping to kill the Boom Fly as soon as it spawns (and the surrounding flies with its blast radius) is also a viable strategy.
They can float across the room, which can be annoying when rocks are blocking your shots. Additionally, they can be found hard to hit in big rooms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As Swarmers have Champion forms it's possible to encounter a White Champion (though extremely rarely). This can be a challenging occurrence as the Swarmer will regain invincibility every time he takes damage because he'll spawn Pooters.
- Skatole: The swarmer can be charmed and won't spawn any flies until it is damaged. The flies that spawn will also be charmed.
- Swarmers do not deal contact damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy is the next and possibly the final stage of the original Mulligan. As seen how the flies nested inside the Mulligan, they multiplied, forming the Hive, and eventually took control of the Hive, forming the Swarmer, being nothing but a flying nest of flies. It is very intentional, considering the game's theme of decay, how in the early chapters they seem partially "infected" by the flies, and they eventually decayed over time on the later floors.
- The ring of Flies that surround the Swarmer is an indication of how much health it has. The Flies deplete as the Swarmer takes more damage.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|