This article is about the trinket that opens the Hush fight and empowers Pandora's Box. For the trinket that creates Blue Womb rooms, see Blue Key.
- Unlocks the passageway to ???, regardless of run duration.
- Unlocks Pandora's Box, giving it a new effect.
- The normal effect of Pandora's Box for that level is ignored, and instead 6 generally higher quality items from random pools are spawned.
- Both Pandora's Box and the trinket are consumed.
- Both effects work even if the key has been turned into a passive item from items such as Smelter or Marbles.
- Using Pandora's Box with the key in this state will remove the key from Isaac's Inventory.
- If playing with modal characters such as Tainted Lazarus, the character with the Strange Key must enter the room while holding it to cause the passage to open. Leaving and re-entering the room after switching to the correct character will open the door normally.
- Unlike with Mama Mega!, It Lives must be beaten for the passageway to ??? to open.
- Strange Key is likely a reference to the film by David Lynch, Mulholland Drive (2001), where a small blue box being unlocked by a strange key is a major plot point.
|Cards and Runes|
|Tainted Eve Unlocks|
|Isaac (Boss) Unlocks|
|The Lamb Unlocks|
|??? (Boss) Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|