Strange Attractor is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Monsters, pickups, and trinkets are magnetically attracted to the player character's tears.
- This also applies to Isaac's bombs.
- Items will be attracted to where the magnetic tear lands.
- This also applies to Isaac's bombs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Extra caution must be taken when using this item, as the attraction effect will pull small, lightweight monsters like Boom Flies towards the character very fast and in an unpredictable manner, with the consequent risk of taking damage.
- This item has been reworked and doesn't function like usual anymore. Now tears will attract only when the tear lands on the ground/sticks to an enemy.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Enemies and pickups are sucked towards the beam, increasing accuracy significantly.
- Dr. Fetus: Enemies are sucked towards bombs, increasing accuracy and making enemies easier to kill.
- Godhead: Enemies will be pulled into Godhead's damaging aura, increasing the aura's effectiveness at causing damage.
- Ipecac: Enemies and pickups are pulled towards the shots, increasing accuracy. The color of shots and their explosive effect is a darker green.
- Mom's Knife: Enemies are pulled towards the knife. The effect is minor while not firing and much stronger while the knife is launched.
- Nose Goblin/ Sinus Infection: Attraction effect will remain on the booger shot stuck to an enemy. This can drag the enemy across the whole room until they reach one wall and get stuck on it, effectively disabling their normal movement.
- Technology/ Technology 2/ Tech.5: The beam will attract enemies, often sucking them into the beam and holding them there.
- Tech X: Enemies and pickups are attracted to the outer ring, increasing accuracy.
- Tractor Beam: The lack of random spread and momentum-based trajectories on tears makes the way enemies are pulled around more predictable.
- The Ludovico Technique: Enemies, items, and even most bosses will be sucked to the single floating tear, dealing constant damage while keeping Isaac well away from harm, making this combination extremely effective in almost all scenarios.
- Explosivo: When the shot sticks to an enemy, every enemy near it will be attracted to them.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Cricket's Body/ Compound Fracture: Since tears will split into more tears, all traveling different directions, enemies will be randomly moved around.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Strange Attractor.
- Enemies get drawn towards the target mark on the ground, ensuring that the missile will hit.
- Explosivo: Enemies will be pulled toward the stuck on tears, dragging them helplessly or grouping them for the explosion.
- Haemolacria: Enemies and pickups are attracted to the main tear, but not burst tears.
- Lachryphagy: Enemies will often get sucked into tears, making it more difficult to feed tears or let them burst.
- Monstro's Lung: Due to the high concentration of tears, enemies will be pulled towards Isaac at great force; in certain cases, enough force will be generated to pull enemies through rocks. This can greatly increase accuracy but depending on enemies' movements and positions can also damage Isaac.
- The Parasite: Enemies will be pulled towards both fired tears and split tears. However, because they both travel in opposite directions, the split tears' magnetic effects tend to cancel each other out.
- Rubber Cement: Due to tears being reflected, enemies tend to be pulled towards Isaac with much force. Additionally, the random angle of tears being reflected results in erratic enemy movement. Not recommended.
- Soy Milk: The rapid tears will pull enemies quickly and erratically around the room. Not recommended.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is most likely based on Crazy Aaron's Magnetic Thinking Putty, which has a color of the same name and the tears resemble it.
- Strange Attractor is also a mathematical concept found in dynamical linear systems.
- This item is used in Waka Waka (challenge #17).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC LSWD Z9J8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC DGLC R2Q9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC OHTV 63MH (First floor TresureRroom)
PS4 P826 3Z71 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita NB4V 1CDX (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|