Starter Deck is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Allows Isaac to carry two cards or runes at once. Cycle through cards by pressing the Control key (PC), R2 (PlayStation), RT (Xbox), or ZR (Switch, 3DS).
- Replaces all pills with cards. Pills already on the ground will be converted to cards or runes upon picking up Starter Deck.
- Spawns a random card.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When picking up Starter Deck in a shop that has a pill for purchase, the pill can still be purchased and used. If the pill is dropped, it will be turned into a card.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Acid Baby: Spawns cards or runes instead of pills. Using cards or runes will not trigger the room-wide poisoning effect.
- Caffeine Pill: A pill drops normally, but if it is picked up and dropped, or left on the ground while visiting other rooms, it becomes a card.
- Little Baggy: Overrides the effect of Little Baggy (switch from receiving only pills to only cards).
- Having both items allow both cards and pills to appear again.
- Picking up Little Baggy while already holding Starter Deck will turn any held cards or runes into pills for one time.
- Mom's Bottle of Pills: Gives a card instead of a pill, essentially becoming equivalent to a Deck of Cards.
- XIV - Temperance?: Forces Isaac to eat pills even with Starter Deck.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Starter Deck will paint a five-color pentagram on Isaac's head, which is a reference to the Magic: The Gathering logo.
- This item is used in It's in the Cards (challenge #14).
- Starter Deck also appears in Cantripped! (challenge #43) with a unique function of increasing the number of item cards that Tainted Cain can carry at once. It replaces all Boss Room rewards in this challenge.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Inventory Expansion Items
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|