Raise a Floppa - The Loop
Do you like this video?
This article is about Star of Bethlehem, similar in appearance to Eden's Soul.
- Spawns a star familiar that slowly travels toward the Boss Room, fading through doors as it travels towards it. Once it reaches the boss room, the familiar stands in the center of the boss room for the rest of the floor.
- The familiar emits an aura that, while Isaac stands inside it, gives him +1 damage, a 1.2x damage multiplier, a 2.5x fire rate multiplier, and homing tears. It also gives Isaac a chance to block damage similar to Cone Head.
- In The Void, the familiar will travel to the boss room that contains Delirium.
- In ???, the familiar will stay in the first room and will not travel to Hush, rendering it useless.
- In Greed Mode, the star will travel directly to the position where Isaac spawns upon entering a new floor.
- On the last floor, it will move to the upper part of Ultra Greed's room.
- Once the star settles down in the boss room, the damage preventing aura can be used to play Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars for free, provided they are spawned via XIV - Temperance or XX - Judgement cards, respectively.
- The star may travel through Secret Rooms and Curse Rooms on its path to the boss room.
- The star will travel through Red Rooms if they create an optimal path to the boss room.
- The star can backtrack into rooms it already went into if a more optimal path is created by a Red Room.
- The star will travel to the boss room to Mother, but it will not be present during the fight.
- During the Ascent, the star will linger in the boss room of each floor, and will not progress backwards through the stage.
- The star will not appear in the fight with The Beast or Mega Satan.
- For Tainted Forgotten, the bonuses from the star are only applied if Tainted Forgotten is within its aura, not Tainted Soul.
- If either Tainted Lazarus or Dead Tainted Lazarus have picked up the star, the familiar will spawn in the room where the character holding it becomes active, which may not be the starting room. It will only move while the character holding it is active, effectively making it take twice as long to travel to the boss room unless Tainted Lazarus also has Birthright.
- During the Backasswards Challenge, the star acts as usual; originating in the starting room and gradually moving towards the boss room.
- The star will be copied in the Mirrored World and will simultaneously travel in both worlds.
- Entering and leaving the Knife Piece 2 area will reset the star and make it reappear in the room with the minecart.
- This item is a reference to the Star of Bethlehem which appears in the Nativity story of the Gospel of Matthew, signifying the birth of Jesus.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music