Spoon Bender is a passive item.
- Grants homing tears.
- Aquarius: Trail of creep is purple and homes in on enemies.
- Azazel / Brimstone / Tainted Azazel / Technology / Technology 2 / Tech X: Beams curve toward enemies.
- Compound Fracture / Cricket's Body / The Parasite: Tears and split tears are homing.
- Dr. Fetus: The bombs slide towards enemies.
- Marked: Tears will travel in the direction of the cross-hairs until close enough to home in on an enemy.
- Mom's Knife: The knife curves towards enemies.
- Epic Fetus: Cursor slides towards enemies.
- Eye of the Occult: Tears home in on enemies when not being maneuvered.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear will attempt to home towards a single target, even if it hits a different enemy on its way there, making it difficult to control.
- The changes to homing tears make it nearly impossible to maintain control of the shot while it's near an enemy.
- Technology Zero: The electricity is unaffected.
- Edmund McMillen has stated in his first post-Repentance Isaac Lore Stream that Spoon Bender is directly inspired by the stage magic of illusionist Uri Geller, more specifically the act of 'spoon bending' which was one of Geller's trademark tricks.
- McMillen describes Geller as a 'scam artist', so it can be gathered that this reference was not born out of appreciation.
- Spoon Bender may also be a reference to The Matrix.
- This item is used in Computer Savvy (challenge #16).
- According to a Twitter post from Tyrone Rodriguez, the Brimstone + Spoon Bender synergy was modeled after the Plasma Laser, first introduced in the video game Raiden II.
- Isaac's new appearance with Spoon Bender now bears more resemblance to Psychic Horfs and Psychic Maws.
- It also resembles Isaac's sprite from the original game.
PCGEBY 4V1Y - (First floor Treasure Room)
PCKBDW JNXB - (First floor Treasure Room)
PS4FT8W MTXG - (First floor Treasure Room)
VitaYASB CYZV - (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita2VD9 44SW - (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch Z0HQ ER4N (First Golden Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|