Spiders are arachnid enemies that can be commonly found in most chapters. They move quickly and will go in all directions randomly, making them unpredictable. However, if they have a direct line of sight on Isaac, and are close enough, they will move towards him. They are also able to fit through small diagonal gaps.
Big Spiders look like regular Spiders, but with a large black abdomen attached. They behave in the same way as the regular Spiders, having the same movement speed and erratic behavior. However, they have over triple the health of regular Spiders, and upon death, they will split into two regular Spiders. They will not split if they are killed by an explosion.
Swarm Spiders act much like normal Spiders but are much smaller and tend to come in much larger groups. They also hop and flash a bright yellow.
They are spawned by Eggies in large number when one dies.
Swarm Spiders cannot be damaged by Fire Places.
Rock Spiders behave very closely to Spiders, but skitter at a slower speed and turn into normal Spiders upon death. They turn into Coal Spiders if they are set on fire.
Tinted Rock Spider
Tinted Rock Spiders are essentially the exact same as Rock Spiders, however they have nearly twice as much health and, instead of transforming into a regular Spider, drop 1 Soul Heart upon death. They are characterized by the "X" on their rock, which is similar to Tinted Rocks.
Coal Spiders behave very closely to Rock Spiders, but they skitter at a faster speed due to being on fire.
Upon death, it leaves a hot rock on the ground that despawns after several seconds. They can be shot to make them despawn faster.
- The following spiders will not attack Isaac, deal contact damage or actively spawn enemies if he has Bursting Sack:
- Spider, Big Spider, Level 2 Spider, Ticking Spider, Baby Long Legs, Small Baby Long Legs, Crazy Long Legs and Small Crazy Long Legs.
- Spiders and Big Spiders no longer blink red when neutral due to it.
- Swarm Spiders no longer blink yellow when neutral due to it.
- The original Spider and Big Spider were first added to the original The Binding of Isaac game's DLC - Wrath of the Lamb.
- Striders are named after the family Gerridae, also known as water striders.
- Swarm Spiders have the lowest Stage HP among all entities in the game by far. It takes until Caves I (etc.) before they have more than 5 HP, and then until Sheol / Cathedral before they have more than 6 HP.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music