Smelter is an unlockable activated item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †.
- Upon use, any trinkets that Isaac is holding are destroyed, and their effects are permanently applied to him.
- Trinkets that are absorbed show up on the pause menu and on the HUD's item tracker.
- Increases the chance for a trinket to drop. (Has a 2% chance to turn the pickup variant into a trinket.)
- While held, Mom's Box will double the effect of all absorbed trinkets (if their effects can be doubled).
- This item can remove the Tick.
- Trinkets whose effects only activate once, such as Store Credit, Missing Poster, and Walnut, will still only activate once after being absorbed.
- Perfection is still removed if Isaac takes damage from regular sources.
- Faded Polaroid cannot be used to open the Strange Door while smelted.
- It is possible to find previously smelted trinkets during a victory lap, or if the trinket Item Pool is exhausted.
- Picking up a copy of a trinket which was already absorbed will not duplicate that trinket's effect.
- The trinket will not be absorbed if Smelter is activated during the pickup animation.