Skatole is a passive item.
- This item causes many Fly enemies to alter their behavior toward Isaac.
- The following flies transform into a neutral normal Fly: Attack Fly, Dart Fly, Eternal Fly, and Ring Fly.
- The following flies move slower but will still deal contact damage: Boom Fly, Red Boom Fly, Drowned Boom Fly.
- The following flies move slower and deal no contact damage: Moter, Level 2 Fly, Full Fly, Pooter, and Super Pooter.
- Pooters will not fire at Isaac and Moters will not split into Attack Flies.
- The following flies are completely unaffected, retaining their normal attacks and speed: Large Attack Fly, Swarm Fly, Hush Fly, Sucker, Soul Sucker and Spit.
- This item belongs to the Beelzebub set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into a giant humanoid fly.
- This item belongs to the Oh Crap set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into a walking pile of poop.
- This item can only be naturally obtained from the Shell Game in the arcade.
- Beelzebub's effect overrides Skatole.
- Flies spawned by The Husk will not become passive.
- Skatole is a mildly toxic white crystalline organic compound that occurs naturally in feces.
- According to Edmund McMillen's First post-Repentance Lore Stream, Skatole's visual was designed first, with McMillen then working backwards to create an appropriate effect to justify an item that puts a poop on Isaac's head.
- Skatole was considered as a cosmetic hat for Team Fortress 2, alongside tears, Brimstone, and Tiny Planet. It was dropped as Valve "... didn't want players running around with a wet piece of poop on their heads."
- This item is used in Scat Man (challenge #36).
- This item is one of the only five that count towards 2 transformations, the other four being Hive Mind, The Bible, Magic Mushroom and Parasitoid.
|Bug!||Skatole's slowdown effect also affects Tumors and its variants, despite them not being flies.|
- Butt Bombs
- Brown Nugget
- Dirty Mind
- E Coli
- Hallowed Ground
- Montezuma's Revenge
- No. 2
- The Poop
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|