- Shields Isaac for 1 second after killing an enemy.
- If another enemy is killed while Isaac is shielded, another second is added to the shield's duration.
- Up to 10 seconds of invincibility can be accumulated.
- If Isaac is in range of an enemy that explodes on death, the shield will not come up before Isaac takes damage from the explosion. Other on death effects, like firing shots, are still guarded against.
- In Arcades, Blood Donation Machines or Demon beggars can be used without losing health by killing the red flies from Shell Games and gaining a shield.
- Additionally, losing in a Hell Game always spawns a red spider, the shield generated from killing it guarantees a payout for each half-heart.
- During the fight against Ultra Greed, destroying Ultra Greed Coins will not grant a shield, despite being considered as enemies.
- Kamikaze!: Isaac can chain-kill enemies without taking explosion damage while the shield is active.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|