Shard of Glass
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a 25% chance to drop a full Red Heart upon taking damage.
- Adds a separate 10% chance to gain the Anemic effect (+5 range, red creep trail) for the current room upon taking damage.
- Taking damage will cause Isaac to bleed, spewing red tears around him constantly.
- Holding a direction of fire focuses the bleeding tears to that direction, with slightly increased range.
- After bleeding for 20 seconds, Isaac's Red Hearts or Rotten Hearts will take damage (bypassing other Hearts); this is indicated by Isaac slowly turning red after and eventually blinking. This damage also has a 25% chance to drop a full Red Heart. The damaging effect will continue to occur every 20 seconds until the bleeding effect ends.
- The bleeding effect ends when Isaac receives any form of Red Heart or Rotten Heart healing, if Isaac loses, has no more Red or Rotten Hearts, or if the next hit would kill Isaac.
- If Isaac has no Red or Rotten Hearts, the bleeding effect of Shard of Glass will not activate.
- The bleeding effect carries over to the next floor if Isaac moves on to the next floor while still bleeding.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Hearts spawned by this item may become different hearts in certain Super Secret Rooms.
- Playing as Keeper or Tainted Keeper will cause the hearts spawned to turn to Blue Flies immediately.
- If Shard of Glass is rerolled while Isaac is bleeding, the bleeding will continue, but Red Hearts will no longer spawn when Isaac takes damage. This makes Shard of Glass especially deadly to Tainted Eden.
- The bleeding effect works with Keeper and Tainted Keeper. They will bleed and lose a coin heart until only one coin is left. Receiving coins will stop the bleeding effect. Due to Tainted Keeper only having two coin hearts in most circumstances, bleeding will rarely apply to him.
- Rotten Hearts will take bleeding damage only when Isaac has no red hearts remaining. Picking up Rotten Hearts will also end the bleeding.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Blood and guts" is a term for violence, typically in fiction.
- Prior to update v4.0.2, possessing Shard of Glass prevents the player from obtaining Knife Piece 1.
- This may indicate that Shard of Glass was at one point planned to be a set drop from destroying the mirror.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|