Secret Rooms are rooms that are not normally visible on the map and must be bombed into to access. Regular Secret Rooms are usually located next to 2 to 4 rooms, while Super Secret Rooms can only be next to one room. Very rarely, the regular Secret Room may also be located next to only one room. Entrances to Secret Rooms will never have rocks or gaps in the way. Secret Rooms usually contain at least one shopkeeper. Secret Rooms stay open after bombing them.
|4||1.0||A slot machine.|
|5||1.0||Three random pickups and five mushrooms.|
|6||1.0||A chest and two TNT barrels.|
|7||1.0||Three pills and two mushrooms.|
|9||1.0||Three bomb pickups.|
|10||1.0||A lil' battery.|
|12||1.0||Two bomb pickups and four shopkeepers.|
|13||1.0||A key, a key master, and two mushrooms. This is the only regular secret room that doesn't have a shopkeeper.|
|14||1.0||A golden poop and three shopkeepers.|
|15||1.0||A Double bomb and twenty mushrooms.|
|16||1.0||A corny poop.|
|17||1.0||Two reward plates.|
|18||1.0||Four spiders and four random pickups.|
|19||1.0||An item behind gaps. The four rocks have equal, independent chances of being rocks, spikes, fireplaces, or iron blocks.|
|20||1.0||A reward plate.|
|21||1.0||Two rewards behind rocks and key blocks. The rewards have equal, independent chances of being a sack, item, chest, locked chest, or random pickup.|
|22||1.0||A nickel and three shopkeepers.|
|23||1.0||A sack and a restock box.|
|26||1.0||Six mushrooms, two poops, and a troll bomb, which will blow up three of the mushrooms.|
|27||1.0||Two reward plates.|
|28||0.1||An item, two chests, a poop, and three black flies.|
|29||0.1||An item behind iron blocks, four purple fireplaces, and five shopkeepers.|
|30||0.1||One Mega Battery.|
|31||0.25||3 shopkeepers and a Rainbow Poop.|
|32||1||5 coins, 2 poops and 1 shopkeeper.|
|33||0.5||2 shopkeepers and 1 card surrounded by 4 spiked rocks.|
|34||0.5||One item surrounded by spikes and spiked rocks and 1 shopkeeper.|
|35||1||3 coins, 1 random chest surrounded by spiked rocks and 1 treasure chest, also surrounded by spiked rocks.|
|36||1||2 shopkeepers and 1 random chest surrounded by rocks and spikes, along with a TNT that can open up a path.|
|37||0.5||One Rotten Beggar and 3 coins.|
|38||0.5||One Wooden Chest and one shopkeeper.|
Secret Rooms in alternate chapters ( Downpour, Dross, Mines, Ashpit, Mausoleum, Gehenna and Corpse) differ from the standard layouts. Each alternate floor has 11 unique layouts (12 in Downpour). Regular secret room layouts cannot appear on these floors.
Super Secret Rooms
Super Secret Rooms are only located next to one other room, and this room can't be a special room (item, shop, boss, etc.). Each Super Secret Room has set drops depending on the floor. Note that the type of Super Secret Room is not limited to certain floors it mimics (e.g. one can find a Womb-themed Super Secret Room in the Depths).
Super Secret Rooms are most likely to be found either at the end of a series of rooms that lead to a dead-end, or close to the boss room, such as the room right before the boss, if possible.
|ID||Weight||Floor layout||Contents||Image preview|
|0||1||Womb||8 Red Hearts. Only red hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of any items. If you let Dark Bum collect the hearts, he will drop red hearts instead of black/soul hearts. Allow him to pick up the hearts and leave the room quickly, where he will drop the correct hearts outside.|
|1||1||Cathedral||Eternal Heart. Only eternal hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of any items used. For example, using The Jar will drop Eternal Hearts on the ground instead of regular hearts. Using VI - The Lovers or V - The Hierophant will do the same, too.|
|3||1||Necropolis||Fortune Telling Machine.|
|6||0.5||Library||Black Heart. Only black hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of items used. This applies to VI - The Lovers, V - The Hierophant, and similar items.|
|7||0.1||Dark Room||Black Heart.|
|4 Nulls and 5 pills or runes.|
|8||0.5||Burning Basement||A Shopkeeper, 2 Bomb Chests, 3 TNT, and 18 Fire Places, including Red Fire Places.
All Fire Places in the room will be extinguished if this room appears in Downpour or Dross.
|9||0.1||Flooded Caves||A black poop surrounded by 6 retracting spikes.|
|10||0.5||I AM ERROR||Can include any of the following: Mom's Hand, Rag Man, random pickups, chests, cards, trinkets, pills, and items.|
|11||1||Womb||4 red poops and 3 Double Hearts.|
|12||0.1||Cathedral||3 Soul Hearts, 2 Blue Fire Places, and an angel Statue in the center which will drop its key piece upon death.|
|13||0.1||Sheol||3 Black Hearts and 2 Black Globin's Heads.|
|14||1||Shop||A Beggar and a Blood Donation Machine.|
|15||0.1||Womb||A red poop, 3 Black Flies, and a random amount of Red Hearts and Half Red Hearts. It can also contain a random amount of any other heart types, except Double Hearts.|
|16||0.1||Cathedral||A rainbow poop, 3 Black Flies, and 2 Eternal Hearts.|
|17||0.1||Sheol||A black poop, 3 Black Flies, and 6 Red Chests.|
|18||0.1||Shop||3 Slot Machines and 2 Fortune Telling Machines.|
|19||0.1||Basement||A red poop, 9 pills, and 3 Black Flies.|
|20||0.5||Library||One Battery Bum and 3 coins.|
|21||0.5||Burning Basement||One Bomb Bum and 4 bombs.|
|22||0.25||Basement||4 Greed Gapers and 1 shopkeeper.|
|23||0.5||Corpse||3 Rotten Hearts.|
|24||0.5||Arcade||5 Micro Batteries. The middle one has a 50% chance to be a Lil' Battery.|
|25||0.25||Dank Depths||83% chance for a golden key and 17% chance for a golden bomb, surrounded by 4 skulls.|
|26||0.01||Ashpit||One giga bomb that explodes shortly after.|
|27||1||Corpse||1 Rotten Beggar and 1 Blood Donation Machine.|
|28||0.5||Mausoleum||2 Black Sacks.|
|29||0.25||Gehenna||One Golden Battery.|
|30||0.25||Chest||One Mega Chest and 2 keys.|
|31||0.5||Cellar||2 Wooden Chests.|
In Greed Mode, Super Secret Rooms have different layouts.
|ID||Weight||Floor layout||Contents||Image preview|
|0||1||Womb||5 Red Hearts; only Red Hearts can spawn in this room, regardless of items used.|
|3||1||Burning Basement||3 Bombs.|
|4||1||Cathedral||2 Soul Hearts. Only Soul Hearts can spawn in this room.|
|5||1||Library||A Black Heart. Only Black Hearts can spawn in this room.|
|6||1||Chest||A Chest; small chance to spawn another type of chest instead.|
|7||1||Chest||A Bomb Chest.|
|8||1||Sheol||One Red Chest.
Two Red Chests.
|11||1||Cellar||4 Lil' Batteries. Each battery has a 50% chance to spawn as a Micro Battery instead.|
|12||1||Dark Room||2 runes.|
|13||0.5||Sheol|| 2 Red Chests.
3 Red Chests.
|17||1||I AM ERROR||A trapdoor to the next floor.|
|18||0.5||Basement||17 piles of poop.|
|19||0.25||The Shop||A Golden Bomb.|
|20||0.5||The Shop||A golden poop.|
|21||0.25||The Shop||A Golden Key.|
|22||1||Secret Room||A random item from the Greed mode Treasure Room pool.|
|23||1||Chest||2 Locked Chests.|
|24||1||Cathedral||1 Eternal Heart. Only Eternal Hearts can spawn in this room.|
|25||1||Womb||1 Half Red Heart. Only Half Red Hearts can spawn in this room.|
|26||0.1||Arcade||1 Golden Penny.|
Ultra Secret Rooms
Ultra Secret Rooms are special rooms that are not connected to any other room on the map directly. They are not revealed by standard mapping effects and can only be mapped with Cracked Orb, Book of Secrets wisps or Rune Shard. They can be accessed using the Red Key or Red Key wisps, Crystal Key, Cracked Key or Soul of Cain: entering a red room next to the Ultra Secret room will reveal its position and automatically open the doorway leading into it. It can also be entered by teleporting to it directly using XVIII - The Moon?; when teleported into, the pathway of red rooms back to the rest of the level is also opened. Ultra Secret rooms contain items from the Angel Room item pool.
Ultra Secret rooms are generated in spots that are diagonal to the rest of the level and not connected to the Boss Room.
It then checks the red rooms surrounding this diagonal location and checks regular rooms connected to these exits, this is to create a safe path when using XVIII - The Moon?
When the spot is chosen, a general sense of priority is as follows:
- Being diagonal to special rooms increases priority.
- Each side that does not lead to a valid red room lowers priority.
- Exits that lead to an I AM ERROR room are not valid.
- Any path back connecting to a Challenge Room, a Mini-Boss Room, a Curse Room or a hostile special room lowers priority.
- If there's also only 1 path back, priority is further lowered.
- Any path back that contains a special red room lowers priority.
- If there's no valid path back that leads to a regular non-special room, it lowers priority.
- Generally, the easiest method of finding the Ultra Secret room is to check diagonals of any special rooms.
- The doors of the Ultra Secret room are opened automatically only when approached from the outside. If other rooms exist adjacent to it, the doors will not open from inside the Ultra Secret room without bombing them or returning from the outside.
- In the Mirrored World, the Ultra Secret room does not contain any items.
- It is possible for the Ultra Secret Room to generate in a way that traversing through two red rooms is required.[Check ingame]
- Because only one valid path is checked for upon generation, yet the path opened when using XVIII - The Moon? is random, it is possible to get an unusual back-path that forces going through a Curse Room, bombing open a Secret Room or contains other problems ranging from inconveniences to a softlock.
- This is likely a bug, as the generation itself tries to ensure a valid path without such obstacles. This is most likely to happen on small, oddly shaped floors where many red room door openings are blocked, which is its biggest modifier next to selecting special rooms.
- Secret Rooms are found by bombing the middle of a wall in a standard size room. For larger size rooms, divide the room mentally into the size of individual rooms to figure out where to bomb. For closet-size rooms, Secret Rooms will never be found by bombing the sides but may be found by bombing the wall at the end of the closet.
- Rooms adjacent to Secret Rooms will always have a clear, walkable path to the middle of the wall where one can set a bomb. Secret Room entrances are never found in front of gaps, obstacles, or spikes. All the rooms next to a Secret Room must satisfy these requirements, so if one room near a suspicious gap in the map fails these requirements, then look elsewhere.
- If there are no valid Secret Room locations surrounded by 3 or 4 rooms, it is possible for a Secret Room to be adjacent to only 1 or 2 rooms.
- X-Ray Vision opens all available entrances to both the Secret Room and the Super Secret Room. The I Can See Forever pill does the same for the floor on which the pill was used. Dog Tooth will play a howl sound effect if adjacent to a Secret Room or Super Secret Room, and YO LISTEN! will hover over Secret Room entrances.
- Teleportation items can randomly teleport Isaac into Secret Rooms, and XVIII - The Moon card will always teleport Isaac to the Secret Room.
- Secret Rooms are revealed on the map with Crystal Ball, Book of Secrets, XXI - The World card, XIX - The Sun card, Spelunker Hat, Blue Map, or The Mind, but you'll still need to open their entrance.
- Red Key can be used to find Secret Rooms. Lack of red door frame means a Secret Room could have generated on the other side.
- Star of Bethlehem sometimes reveals secret rooms as it can travel through them.
- If Greed or Super Greed spawn into the Secret Room, you won't be able to exit it (like a Mini-Boss room), but once the fight ends, all the exits of the Secret Room will be accessible.
- Secret Rooms can exist next to all types of rooms except Boss Rooms, allowing certain restricted rooms to be entered.
- Even if you have no keys, it is possible to bomb into a locked special room should there exist an adjacent Secret Room. Leaving through the door will unlock the room without requiring a key.
- It is possible to enter Curse Rooms without taking damage by bombing in from a Secret Room.
- It is possible to access Challenge Rooms even if you don't meet the health requirements, but it is not possible to "steal" the items, as the hole will be blocked up as soon as the fighting stage begins. However, items can still be stolen by using Telepills or other teleportation items. The Challenge Room will not be accessible from the Secret Room if the Secret Room contained a fight with Super Greed. Boards will remain over the entrance to the challenge room even after the fight is over.
- Secret Rooms of all types do not exist in the Ascent.
- Once Corrupted Data is achieved (beating Delirium as Tainted Eden), items that spawn in this room have a chance to be randomized as if affected by TMTRAINER.
- Super Secret Rooms replace the dead-end room that would require the 2nd most rooms walked through from the start room to access, and cannot be connected to the secret room.
- For reference, the Boss Room takes the dead-end room that would require the most rooms walked through, and the Shop takes the room that would require the 3rd most. This means that the Super Secret Room is equally as far or further from the start room than the Shop. It also means the Super Secret Room tends to be close to the Boss Room. Loops and large rooms connected to more than one room on any given side can tamper with this logic, however.
- Super Secret Rooms can have layouts from floors the player hasn't unlocked yet.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, Secret Rooms worked differently; if the player left a room after opening a Secret Room entrance, the entrance would disappear. To access the room again for any purpose, the player needed another bomb to reopen the entrance.
PC 927Q 481S (Secret Room above Treasure Room is not attached to any others)
PC 419H 1DQM ( Red Key in Curse Room on your left, use it on the right of the Curse Room and the Ultra Secret Room will open up)
|Bug!||After defeating an Angel spawned in a Super Secret Room, the music will not return to the floor's regular music.|
|Bug!||Teleporting to the Super Secret Room in Greed or Greedier Mode, when the room is generated behind a still-locked Treasure Room, will trap the player inside.|
|Bug!||Sometimes Ultra Secret Room is not adjacent to four valid red rooms. (Observed on the Ultra Secret Room on the first floor of seed " L7QW 811W")|
|Bug!||Teleporting to the Ultra Secret Room when the room is generated behind an unopened Secret Room or Super Secret Room may trap the player, depending on items carried. (Observed on the 2021-07-01 daily run, first floor.)|
Boss Challenge Room
Super Secret Room
I AM ERROR
Ultra Secret Room
Blue Womb Entrance
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|