Scissors is an unlockable activated item.
- Detaches Isaac's head from his body and turns the head into a stationary familiar that fires tears for the current room.
- The player still controls Isaac's headless body, which also shoots tears.
- The tears fired by the head do not scale with Isaac's damage and always do 3.5 damage.
- Can spawn multiple heads if used in the same room more than once.
- Brimstone and Technology are not fired from the stationary head.
- If Isaac has an invisible body due to the cosmetic effect of Transcendence, only a shadow will be seen after using the Scissors.
- If Isaac is Blindfolded, the floating head can still fire tears.
- Each wave of Boss Rush fully recharges the item, allowing many heads to be spawned.
- Only deaths which end runs (i.e. Isaac is not revived by a revival item such as 1up!) count towards unlocking the Scissors.
- This item is very likely a reference to the English idiom "running with scissors", which means to "willfully act in a reckless, foolish, and/or dangerous manner", alluding to the literal act of running with a pair of scissors in one's hand, which can cause severe injury, thus the item's effect and unlock condition.
- In original flash version of The Binding of Isaac, dying 100 times unlocked The Pinking Shears.
PC & PS4 VNAB CWER (First floor treasure room)
3DS 0M6X BR8Y (First floor treasure room)
Switch ATJJ HNDJ (Starting item as Eden)
|Bug!||Can not attack The Beast|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|