Behavior[edit | edit source]
The battle against Satan has three distinct phases.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The first phase starts with a slight delay after Isaac enters the room:
- Satan shouts, and roughly two seconds after Satan's voice dies out, The Fallen spawns at the center, with two Kamikaze Leeches to to either side.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Once The Fallen is dead, the Devil Room statue at the top of the screen transforms into Satan's first form. He stays near the top of the room moving horizontally and performs the following attacks:
- Shoots half-rings of 8 projectiles from both his hands towards the left and right sides of the room.
- If Isaac is below him he:
- Spits out 2 consecutive spreads of 5 and 4 projectiles towards Isaac. He chains this attack at least twice.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
After depleting his entire second phase health bar and reaching third of his total HP, he flies off-screen and has one attack:
- Stomps the ground with both of his feet at Isaac's previous positions, similar to Mom's stomp attack but with less delay. The stomps come down one after another and after two stomps they persist a moment before both are retracted.
- Up to two Kamikaze Leeches continuously spawn during this phase.
- They can be killed by Satan's stomp but will also deal considerable damage to him.
- There appears to be a maximum amount of Kamikaze Leeches that can be spawned as they stop appearing if the fight draws out for too long.
Once Satan is defeated, remaining Kamikaze Leeches die alongside him.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Judas - Defeat Satan.
- The Negative - Defeat Satan 5 times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Every time Satan is defeated, the current savefile's image changes until The Negative is unlocked.
- Using the The Bible on Satan will instantly kill Isaac, even if Isaac has the The Wafer.
- On the third wave, Pyromaniac and/or Host Hat will be extremely useful, as Kamikaze Leeches and stomping (which is considered as an explosion) will not hurt Isaac.
- Stomps are no longer considered explosions and cannot have their damage negated.
- Unlike in the original Binding of Isaac, Satan's feet don't cause damage on contact for the short time they rest on the ground after a stomp, providing a window of opportunity to deal significant damage with orbitals such as Sacrificial Dagger, or activate other contact effects like Midas' Touch.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Satan appeared in the Halloween Update for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Satan's pose as a statue and during the VS Screen is a nod to the demon Baphomet, who is usually portrayed in a similar pose.
- The demonic speech Satan shouts at the start of his first phase reuses one of Mom's voice lines, shouting "Isaac!" in reverse with heavy distortion.
- The music that plays during this battle is titled Hericide. Hericide is the act of murdering one's own master, lord, or teacher.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|