Sacrificial Dagger is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a sideways dagger that orbits Isaac, deals high damage to enemies on contact, and blocks enemy shots.
- The knife deals 15 damage per tick or 225 damage per second.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sacrificial Dagger deals the highest amount of contact damage out of all orbitals.
- The dagger has a considerably larger hitbox than other orbital familiars, making it easier to use both offensively and defensively.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Sacrificial Dagger rotated upright, while in Rebirth it now orbits on its side.
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
- While the in-game name and Steam achievement name says 'Sacrificial Dagger', when unlocked, the in-game text shows 'Sacrificial Knife'.
- The Sacrificial Dagger's description is likely a reference to the Christian parable of Abraham's sacrifice of his son, Isaac (in what is known as, literally, the Binding of Isaac). Abraham took his son Isaac to a mountain to sacrifice his son at the command of God. Despite being commanded to do so, he knew through his faith that God would not allow his son to be sacrificed.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 99KW 09AC (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Vita O98E HJO7 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|