- Adds a chance to fire tears that mark enemies. Marked enemies will be attacked by other enemies either until it is killed or it kills all the enemies attacking it (similar to the Charmed effect).
- The tears, and hence the marked enemies, will change colour to red.
- Marked enemies will also have their movement speed reduced.
- Like most tear effects, the chance to fire marking tears is dependent on the Luck stat.
- Causes pathing issues with segmented bosses, as they attempt to attack their own segments.
- Most enemies will ignore Isaac in order to attack a marked enemy, making Rotten Tomato an item with both offensive and defensive applications.
- With a high enough luck stat and piercing effects, the up time of the marked effect can be enough to render some bosses harmless, such as Ultra Pestilence or The Duke of Flies who spawn a multitude of flies that it will then focus on.
- It is likely a reference to the act of throwing rotten tomatoes at a bad performance.
- Rotten Tomato is the only item that grants the marked status effect reliably.
- The marked effect is the inverse of the charmed effect; a charmed enemy would seek to target any other enemies, a marked enemy will be targeted by all other enemies.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|