|Base HP||Stage HP|
|This article is incomplete. Please help to improve it, or discuss the issue on the talk page.|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The first phase occurs against Rotgut's "face" in its regular boss room.
- Spews a constant wave of projectiles that alternates above and below it in a fanning pattern.
- Spews out waves of fluctuating spaced-out projectiles in a disorganized pattern.
- Fires rings of 8 expanding projectiles that alternate between rotating clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- Fires three waves of projectiles in a row:
- A radial of tightly knit slow-moving tears.
- A radial of spaced out fast-moving tears.
- A burst of randomly positioned tears that hover for a moment before dropping.
- Coughs up a horizontal burst of red projectiles to the left and right side of itself.
- Vomits out projectiles, bone, as well as Globin goo, Glazing Globin goo, and Small Maggots that rain down in a large area.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Once Rotgut's first form has been defeated, it sucks Isaac into its mouth and into a Crawl Space-like interior. The second phase consists of a large maggot that sits in the bottom right of the room and will perform attacks depending on Isaac's position.
If Isaac is on the platform the maggot will use its rear end:
- Launches a cluster of projectiles onto the platform and covers it in green poisonous gas.
- Launches an Ipecac shot that bursts into arcing tears.
- Shoots out 6 slow travelling tears that travel in a wave pattern across the entire room.
If Isaac is below the platform and on the ground, the maggot will use its head:
- Spits out a stream of arcing blood projectiles along with a few Attack Flies and Small Maggots.
- Shoots out a Brimstone laser.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
Defeating the Maggot will allow passage into the next chamber, which contains Rotgut's "heart". Rotgut switches randomly between two modes of projectile patterns that occur for the entire duration of the fight:
- Mode 1: shoots out half-rings of 6-7 green projectiles below it with each pulse of the "heart".
- Mode 2: drops 3 yellow projectiles in random locations with each beat of the "heart". Each projectile splits into 2 arcing projectiles after hitting the ground.
Rotgut can perform additional attacks that occur independently of its two set modes:
- Retreats upwards and spawns leeches on the end of the room furthest from Isaac. These leeches move quickly across the screen.
- Drops 2 large blood projectiles below it one after another. Each bursts into smaller projectiles that bounce all over the room.
After defeating this phase, Isaac is automatically ejected out of Rotgut's insides and back into the boss room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dying with a respawn item (such as Dead Cat) in the second or final phase places isaac in the previous phase, meaning Isaac has to fight that phase again
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Compared to Antibirth, Rotgut's 1st and 3rd phases have a new visual design
- The maggot inside of Rotgut has been nicknamed "Gus" by the developers
- Rotgut is the name for grade of moonshine that is very poor quality, being poor enough to be deadly to drink.
- Rotgut is the name of a Super Meat Boy level, one of Edmund McMillen's games.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|