- Upon pickup and from then onwards, locks attributes to their highest values reached.
- This applies to everything that alters Isaac's attributes, including temporary buffs from activated items and pickups. This also makes him immune to any stat downgrades.
- Health downs do not count as stat downgrades for Rock Bottom.
- Isaac's stats are still calculated normally behind the scenes, only their effective values are locked to their highest point. This means picking up an item such as Soy Milk with a severe damage penalty will make it difficult to reach a higher damage stat.
- For example, using The Book of Belial to gain +2 damage will stay in effect indefinitely, but while it's not currently activated, Isaac must earn more than +2 damage from other items to see a difference.
- To best utilize Rock Bottom, the player should gain as much of a single stat as they can in a single room. For example, if a player finds a Strength card and a Devil card, using them in the same room will provide a larger permanent damage boost then if they were used in separate rooms.
- If the player finds an item that lowers a stat, such as Soy Milk, it may be beneficial to not take the item immediately. Instead, it's best to explore the floor for any potential damage ups, then take the stat-lowering item.
- If Rock Bottom is removed, Isaac's stats will no longer be locked, and return to match his current items/effects.
- 20/20 / The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Multiple tears will be shot without the items' respective stat downgrades. The damage and tear multipliers will still affect future stat ups.
- A Pony / White Pony: Speed will stay at 1.5 if it was lower when discarded.
- Adrenaline: Gives a permanent flat damage bonus based on the most empty heart containers Isaac had at one time with the item.
- Azazel's Stump: Isaac will keep Azazel’s base stats after transforming back. This includes 1.25 base speed, +0.5 tears per second, and a 1.5x damage multiplier. The tear delay multiplier will not be given, including while Isaac is Azazel.
- Berserk! +3 flat damage and +0.4 speed last indefinitely. Will also give a tears up if (½ tears fired per second + 2), unless Isaac’s tears fired per second is already 4 or higher.
- Blood Oath: Gives a permanent speed and damage bonus based on the most hearts drained by Blood Oath on one floor.
- Bloody Gust: Gives a permanent tears and speed bonus depending on the max number of hits taken on one floor, capping at +3 tears and +1.02 speed at 6 hits.
- Bloody Lust: Gives a permanent damage bonus depending on the max number of hits taken on one floor, capping at +6 at 6 hits taken.
- Butter! / Tainted Isaac: Isaac will keep stat bonuses from items that he loses.
- Brimstone / Chocolate Milk / Monstro's Lung: Charged shot can be fired at Isaac’s normal fire rate.
- Cancer: Isaac will retain the increased fire rate even after dropping the trinket.
- VII - The Chariot?: Permanently gives Isaac a gigantic tears up.
- Clicker: will keep stat bonuses from items removed, and will retain the best stats of all characters that are cycled through. This can create powerful characters, such as Tainted Keeper with the tear rate, speed, and damage of Tainted Samson's Berserk state.
- Cracked Crown: 1.2x stat multiplier will be applied to all of Isaac’s stat ups. If Cracked Crown is dropped, the stat multiplier will not be applied to future stat ups.
- D8 / Cracked Dice: Only the highest multipliers received from the D8 will be applied to Isaac. With repeated use, a 1.5-2x stat multiplier can be applied to Isaac’s speed, tears, range, and damage.
- Dark Arts / Soul of Judas: Damage bonus will be based on the highest number of enemies / shots passed through in one use. The +1 speed remains after the effect wears off.
- Epiphora: 2x fire rate from firing in one direction lasts indefinitely after being reached once.
- Eve's Mascara: Damage multiplier is kept without dropping tear rate.
- False PHD: Stat down pills give damage upgrades without lowering any stats, though the stat will still be decreased internally, making it harder to raise it in the future.
- The Forgotten / The Soul: Allows you to transfer stat-ups between the Forgotten and the Soul by switching characters. For example, collecting Ipecac as the Forgotten doesn't give him the +40 damage boost, but it does give it to the Soul. Switching to the Soul, then switching back to the Forgotten prevents him from losing the +40 damage.
- IBS / Tainted ??? / Soul of ???: Damage and tears bonus from standing on creep lasts indefinitely. This bonus is +1 damage and +1.5 tears fired per second, plus an additional 3x damage and fire rate multiplier if the creep was next to white poop.
- Ipecac: Gives Isaac a massive damage up without the tears down.
- It Hurts: Permanently increases tears, depending on the most hits Isaac took in one room after acquiring it.
- Jacob and Esau / Tainted Lazarus: Only the character that has Rock Bottom will be immune to stat downgrades.
- Jupiter: The +0.5 speed boost becomes permanent, turning Jupiter into a +0.2 speed up. Farts made while moving still must be charged by standing still.
- Kidney Stone: Permanently gives Isaac a x6 fire rate multiplier after firing a kidney stone. Accuracy penalty from firing kidney stones is unaffected.
- Liberty Cap: Given enough rooms, gives Isaac the combined positive stat changes of Magic Mushroom, Odd Mushroom, Odd Mushroom, and Mini Mush.
- Libra: Stat balancing applies after Rock Bottom.
- Luna: Gives a permanent tears bonus based on the most secret room beams of light entered on one floor, maxing at +2.5 tears fired per second (+3 if Isaac also has Fragmented Card).
- Lusty Blood: Gives a permanent damage bonus based on the most enemies Isaac killed in one room after acquiring it, capping at +5 at 10 kills.
- Mega Mush: Damage boosted by the 4x damage multiplier is saved.
- Modeling Clay: Permanently increases Isaac's stats when it transforms into an item that surpasses Isaac's current stats.
- This allows the player to enter and exit a room any number of times in order to get as many stat "rerolls" as possible, rapidly raising all of Isaac's affected stats.
- Mom's Box: Doubled trinket stat boosts only apply to trinkets that are picked up while Isaac has Mom’s Box. +1 luck persists even when Mom’s Box is discarded.
- Paschal Candle: Tears bonus never goes away, even after taking damage. 5 consecutive rooms must still be cleared to get the max bonus of +2 tears fired per second.
- Perfection: Applied permanent +10 Luck to Isaac. If Perfection is lost, Isaac's Luck can't raise higher until his base Luck stat exceeds the Luck given from the trinket.
- Polyphemus: Gives Isaac the full damage boost while retaining his previous fire rate.
- Purity: Taking damage causes Isaac to gain another aura’s effect without losing previous ones, allowing all 4 auras to be active simultaneously.
- Razor Blade / Golden Razor: Damage bonus will be based on the highest number of times used in a single room.
- Red Stew: Damage up becomes permanent at point of taking Rock Bottom or Red Stew. Same applies for Birthright as Lazarus Risen.
- Samson's Lock: Damage bonus given will be based on most boosts received in a single room.
- Soy Milk: Gives Isaac the full tears up while keeping his previous damage; however, Soy Milk's damage divider still applies to any future damage increases.
- This means that collecting damage ups before Soy Milk will result in a much higher net damage.
- Taurus: Does not give a speed down, and speed boost does not reset between rooms. After reaching 2.0 speed, Invincibility will activate at the start of every room.
- Technology 2: Doesn’t decrease tears, letting Isaac fire tears at a normal rate along with firing the laser.
- Wavy Cap: Gives tears without reducing speed. Tears bonus will be based on the highest number of uses in a single room, but the distortion remains.
- This item is likely a reference to the stone that Jacob slept on when he dreamt of a ladder to heaven; upon awakening, he covers the stone in oil and dedicates it to the area where he had the vision, which he names Bethel.
- The main cosmetic difference when holding this item is that Isaac faces upward slightly and stops visually crying, which may be a play on the term "things are looking up".
- Contrary to popular belief, Rock Bottom does not set your stats to the starting values. This was confirmed by Kilburn in the Binding of Isaac Discord server, when he stated that it doesn't do that and has never done that, even in the original release of Antibirth.
PC HSHF NKX4 (Cellar I Secret Room, west of start)
PVNC 3EA0 (Cellar I Secret Room, west of start)
|Jacob and Esau Unlocks|
|Boss Rush Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|