- Returns Isaac to the beginning of the run in Chapter 1, with all stat boosts, items, pickups, and trinkets intact (similar to Victory Lap).
- Angel Rooms once again become possible to appear even if the player has made a previous devil deal.
- The chance for a Planetarium to appear can once again be increased above 1% without a Telescope Lens, even if the player has previously entered a Planetarium.
- If the Donation Machine was jammed before usage, it will no longer be jammed.
- If used in a run while achievements and character unlocks are enabled, they will still be enabled after use. Similarly, if these are disabled because the player is in a Victory Lap or seeded run, they will remain disabled after use.
- The timer and score do NOT reset.
- Item pools are NOT reset.
- The 13 pill pool does NOT reset, unlike with a victory lap.
- The U Broke It! achievement will be unlocked if the number of items coming from the cumulated runs reaches 50.
- Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 may also be obtained again, even if already consumed in Chest or Dark Room to unlock Mega Satan's door.
- Knife Piece 1 and Knife Piece 2 may also be obtained again.
- When used in Ascent or Home, Isaac will instead be sent to the Ascent version of Chapter 1. However, the run will restart from there (the ascent sequence ends when R Key is used).
- In scenarios where R Key can be purchased, it uniquely costs 99 coins instead of 15.
- This rule does not apply to the extra shop created by Member Card.
- If Sprinkler is used on the final room in greed mode and the R Key is used, the sprinkler/s will come with Isaac to the starting room.
- ? Card can be used with it, making it possible to restart the run multiple times without spending the R Key.
- Using the Void will cause the R Key to disappear but not activate it. On the next charge of the Void, the run will be reset as normal but the R Key is no longer activated on subsequent Void charges.
- This item is a reference to how holding down the R key on PC will continually restart a run, effectively guaranteeing a good starting room.
- This item is very similar to Clone from Enter the Gungeon. The only difference is that R Key is an activated item while Clone is a passive item that activates upon death.
PC MD1N AZQD (Eden starting item)
PC M0G1 MAE9 (Cellar I Secret Room, east of start)
PC DL4R GT7N (Caves I XL, south-east of start)
PC ACBD AQAM (Catacombs II Secret Room, south and west of start)
PC 30MF ZWMT (Corpse II Secret Room, 4 east 1 north of start, right-hand side item)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|