|This article is about the explosion immunity item. For the item that grants bombs, see Pyro.|
Pyromaniac is a passive item.
- +5 bombs.
- All explosions heal Isaac instead of damaging him. If Isaac has no Red Heart containers or full health, no damage is taken.
- Explosions heal one full Red Heart.
- Explosions heal one half Red Heart.
- Grants immunity to damage from Fire Places or enemy fires, but does not heal Isaac.
- Pyromaniac is a Special Item.
- Makes the player immune to Mom's, Satan's, and other enemies' stomp attacks, making those fights substantially less difficult.
- Due to the immunity to Mom's stomping attack, Mom's Toenail has improved usefulness.
- Makes the player immune to The Cage's, The Adversary's, Mega Satan's, and Ultra Greedier's rock wave attack.
- The item is unable to produce Soul Hearts, Black Hearts, or Eternal Hearts, making Pyromaniac a little less effective if used with ???, Dark Judas, Tainted Judas, The Lost, Tainted Forgotten, or Tainted Bethany. However, these characters still gain immunity to explosions, with Tainted ??? benefiting the most out of all.
- Makes the player immune to fires left behind by enemies and their hot bombs, as well as projectiles from Red and Purple Fireplaces, but not the fireplaces themselves.
- Ultra Greed's second form in Greedier mode uses explosive attacks almost exclusively. As a result, Pyromaniac makes characters nearly invulnerable against him.
- One of only two items that grant full immunity to explosive damage, the other being Host Hat.
- Dr. Fetus / Epic Fetus / Ipecac: Explosions heal Isaac, essentially making him invincible as long as he has more than one red heart container and a decent rate of fire.
- Kamikaze!: Provides an unlimited source of explosions which will heal.
- Curse of the Tower: Whenever Isaac gets hit, numerous healing troll bombs fill the room, nullifying nearly any red heart damage taken.
- This item is used in Blue Bomber (challenge #23).
- Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires.
PC 7HQC 0YH9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC PR2N SB6M (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn, Kamikaze! synergy on first floor)
PS4 7BAK S8YD (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS 4L93 XLGW (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Blood Bombs
- Bob's Curse
- Bob's Rotten Head
- Bomber Boy
- Brimstone Bombs
- Butt Bombs
- Curse of the Tower
- Dr. Fetus
- Fast Bombs
- Ghost Bombs
- Glitter Bombs
- Hot Bombs
- Mama Mega!
- Mr. Boom
- Mr. Mega
- Nancy Bombs
- No. 2
- Remote Detonator
- Rocket in a Jar
- Sad Bombs
- Scatter Bombs
- Sticky Bombs
- Blasting Cap
- Bob's Bladder
- Broken Padlock
- Burnt Penny
- Match Stick
- Ring Cap
- Safety Scissors
- Short Fuse
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|